Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Question About Making Things Work

• spock9458
  • spock9458
14 years 1 month ago #130342 by spock9458
Question About Making Things Work was created by spock9458
Hello,

I am a document subscriber, and I have read most of the instruction manual about configuring CB. I have installed the latest version of profilebook so I can use the "wall" feature. I cannot figure out how to make the "wall" feature work properly, and I also cannot figure out how to let users create articles.

For the CB PB Latest module, it just says that "no entries have been made" and a similar thing with Articles - in the Profile page there is a tab for Articles, but it just says "This user has no published articles." Is it supposed to use the regular Article feature of Joomla, or are the CB articles separate? If so, I can't seem to figure out how to make them work so users can make new entries.

Please advise, or point me in the direction of some further instructions about the Wall feature of profilebook plugin, and the Articles area of CB.

Thanks,
Rob

Rob Grinage
Smart Websites & Networking, LLC
Webmaster at www.nmlta.org

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 1 month ago #130353 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Question About Making Things Work
Articles are done within Joomla. The CB articles tab simply displays the articles that user has written. CB does not control the aspect of writing and storing articles however.

What exactly is "not working" for the Wall? Have you published the plugin from Plugin Management? Have you checked to ensure the tab is published in Tab Management?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• vfwhite
  • vfwhite
13 years 10 months ago #138577 by vfwhite
Replied by vfwhite on topic Re:Question About Making Things Work
I am a new document subscriber and I have a similar question. I have read the manual and searched the forums until finally my eyes fell out. Luckily, I found them before the dog did and now I can ask my question.:S

Since articles are created in Joomla, is there a way to give my CB ‘registered users’ access to an editor and allow them to publish articles without effecting the containing Joomla site? I am thinking of something similar to the way the editor displays in the ProfileBlog and ProfileWall.

Is there an extension I have missed? I tried the DOCman Plugin. I think uploading an article would be just as good for my needs, but I got a error message about something missing in a language file.

I think I have everything else working properly and have considered just disabling the tab, but I think my ‘users’ would enjoy being able to post their own articles. I know the tab works, because I can see my articles on it in my profile.

“Humm, users, I think that is another word for friends“, she said with a tone of displeasure! See, I have been reading too much, please help!:side:

• nant
  • nant
13 years 10 months ago #138591 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Question About Making Things Work
As a CB Documentation subscriber (thank you), you should take advantage of the access you have been granted to the newly released Joomlapolis Incubator.

See frontpage announcement and check out the CB Blogs incubator project.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon