Not auto activating

14 years 6 days ago #131911 by jarradyuhas
Not auto activating was created by jarradyuhas
I am using Joomla 1.5 and the latest Stable of CB. I have Joomla setup to authenticate to our LDAP server and upon initial authentication, it creates the Joomla account and the CB account. My problem is that it is giving me an error stating the following when the user accesses the profile page:

This user has not yet confirmed his email address and account!
This user has not yet been approved by a moderator!

I have activation email set to off as well as require admin approval (since we dont allow registration, theyre not needed). If I do a synchronization of users, it synchronizes fine and updates the flags for the account, but there is no automated process for that.

Please Help!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 6 days ago #131959 by jarradyuhas
Replied by jarradyuhas on topic Re:Not auto activating
If anyone can offer advice, Id very much appreciate it. This is a site for the school that I work at and I would love to have it operational on our test servers as soon as possible so we can continue with configuring the site. The only reason Im using CB is so that I can have extended user fields. We have passwords that all of our students use for accessing their Learning Management Systems and need them to be made available to each student in a profile page. If anyone knows of a better system to use for this, please let me know.

14 years 5 days ago #131978 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Not auto activating
jarradyuhas wrote:

If anyone can offer advice, Id very much appreciate it. This is a site for the school that I work at and I would love to have it operational on our test servers as soon as possible so we can continue with configuring the site. The only reason Im using CB is so that I can have extended user fields. We have passwords that all of our students use for accessing their Learning Management Systems and need them to be made available to each student in a profile page. If anyone knows of a better system to use for this, please let me know.

If you can offer some kind of remote access to testing environment, then perhaps we can look closer to see what the issue is. (use PM if such a thing is doable)

14 years 5 days ago #131979 by jarradyuhas
Thanks for the reply. PM sent!

14 years 5 days ago #131982 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Not auto activating
jarradyuhas wrote:

Thanks for the reply. PM sent!

I am assuming that you are using the CB Login?

14 years 5 days ago #131984 by jarradyuhas
Since LDAP wont function without using the Joomla base Login module, no. I'm not currently using the CB login. I attempted to, but LDAP wont work. What I would like to do is find out if there is a way to run your Synchronize Users script in conjunction with the Joomla login script (add it to the login function so that it updates with every login). Our site is small, so server load from running this script is no issue. Its a closed registration site with 300 users max.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn