Not auto activating

14 years 5 days ago #131987 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Not auto activating
CB 1.2.2 with CB Login module 1.2.2 should work and activate automatically the user if you are using the core Joomla LDAP plugin. That has been fixed in that new release 1.2.2, but you need both CB and CB login module from that release (and no other joomla or CB extensions interfering in that process).

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 5 days ago #131993 by jarradyuhas
Replied by jarradyuhas on topic Re:Not auto activating
beat wrote:

CB 1.2.2 with CB Login module 1.2.2 should work and activate automatically the user if you are using the core Joomla LDAP plugin. That has been fixed in that new release 1.2.2, but you need both CB and CB login module from that release (and no other joomla or CB extensions interfering in that process).

Hey Beat! I am very grateful that you guys are helping me. I attempted to use the 1.2.2 login module, but that isnt working. It allows me to login as a user that has already been initialized in the Joomla system(from LDAP, from before I enabled the cblogin), but I cant login to a user that was just created in LDAP(or never initialized in Joomla). It just says "Incorrect username or password. Please try again.".

Had that worked when I tried it before, I would continue to use that because of the extra login options (I dont want to show the Forgot Password and Forgot Username links).

14 years 4 days ago #132100 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Not auto activating
We just re-tested the gmail auth plugin of core Joomla, and it now works fine with CB+CBlogin 1.2.2 both.

Looks like LDAP behaves differently auth joomla plugin... Does that work fine for you too ?

I don't have an LDAP test environment to reproduce the problem and debug it. Any help in setting up that is welcome.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

13 years 9 months ago #137285 by MarkZ
Replied by MarkZ on topic Re:Not auto activating
Same issue here.

Maybe this explanation will help:

When using the Joomla login instead of the CB login on the front end, the user will be created through LDAP. However the user is not yet activated (although the options for registering is already set to off in both CB and Joomla).
When I look in the CB userslist on the back end the user is still not confirmed or approved.
Now there are 2 options:
1. Open the individual user account in user manager of CB and click on save. The account is now approved.
2. Click on tools -> Synchronize Users in CB. The users that are not yet confirmed will be confirmed and active when sync is ready.

When using the CB login the error is that there is no user account.

So probably it has something to do through the LDAP connection of Joomla that checks and confirms the account.
CB doesn't look at LDAP aparently.

Greetz, Mark

13 years 9 months ago #137319 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Not auto activating
For CB LDAP usage it uses Joomlas authentication plugin, CB does not have its own authentication for such usage. Please upgrade to CB 1.2.3 and confirm if issue is still present.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn