[#1651] "Session expired - enable cookies" issue

13 years 10 months ago #136527 by Legends
Replied by Legends on topic Re:"Session expired - enable cookies" issue
I get this problem.

My site is in a subdirectory.

I use SEO settings in config, but tried it without SEF etc and it seems to fail as well. Only works if I hit reload a few times to resubmit login details.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #136548 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:
Legends wrote:

I get this problem.

My site is in a subdirectory.

I use SEO settings in config, but tried it without SEF etc and it seems to fail as well. Only works if I hit reload a few times to resubmit login details.

Do you get this on EVERY login attempt or just occasional login attempts? This generally happens for example if you navigate to your site and leave the page open for an extended period of time. This would cause the security key generated to no longer be valid. You would then come back and attempt to login which would result in this error.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 8 months ago #139446 by beginnerCB
Replied by beginnerCB on topic Re:"Session expired - enable cookies" issue
I keep getting this message. It does not allow me to login with another userid once I get it. I have flushed me sessions, temp folders, etc, yet I still get it. I am using IE and I accept cookies. I try Firefox when I get the message with IE and get it with FF as well.
Could there be a timer that checks how long an IP address has been active during that day? (either in Joomla, PHP, MySQL or perhaps on my ISP). Because, at 12:01 midnight, I can login ok after I have had this message. I checked the setting for how long a session can last, but that does not help. I cannot find a consistent way to clear this message and keep working.
Even if I refresh, it does not help.
What else can I try?

13 years 8 months ago #139463 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:"Session expired - enable cookies" issue
Please ensure you're running latest releases (Joomla 1.5.20 and CB 1.2.3). Once done please provide your PHP version. Ensure you're running PHP5 or greater. Please contact your host for assistance in loading a difference PHP version if your version is out of date. Check within Joomla help followed by PHP Information for your version.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 8 months ago #139475 by beginnerCB
Replied by beginnerCB on topic Re:
Thanks krileon,
I am running Joomla 1.5.20, CB 1.2.3, and PHP 5.2.2 .
This does not occur every time I login, and I do not leave it running while I am away from the computer.
It almost seems like the IP address that I am on has a max daily limit - although perhaps that is my paranoia. But I cannot login even with different userids and by using IE or Firefox. Once it is 12:01 midnight, I can go back on.
Any settings that should be considered? Any suggesting on where to look?
Thanks,
Louie

13 years 8 months ago #139618 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:
Not sure what to advise, CB doesn't lock you out based off IP address or anything of the sort. There is something interfering with your session. Am not able to duplicate locally or live. You're welcome to disable the low level security in an attempt to see if it'll resolve your issue. To do so please perform the following edit.

IN: administrator/components/com_comprofiler/plugin.foundation.php
ON: Line 19
[code:1]
define( '_CB_SPOOFCHECKS', 1 );
[/code:1]
TO:
[code:1]
define( '_CB_SPOOFCHECKS', 0 );
[/code:1]

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn