user search not working - always shows same result

13 years 11 months ago #135743 by nant
mitchs wrote:

Hi

the search is set to "simple any" and we're still having the same problem.

Would it be possible to give you regular member access to try again to see the results?

username: King
temporary pw: 123456

www.themulch.com/community/member-list

Post edited by: mitchs, at: 2010/06/15 23:57

I see no problem with search using credentials above.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago #135792 by mitchs
thanks for looking, but it's not working for me, the same issue remains all searches go back to my profile (or the users profile who's logged in)

if I'm logged in:
If I click on a page # in the first list of 20 members and it there is no 2nd page of the list of members, rather it takes me directly to "my profile".

If I click the "search users" link and enter a username I know is exact, say "vic" it still takes me directly to "My Profile"

If I click the "search users"link and enter a zip code which I know is exact AND has multiple results say "92106" it still takes me directly back to my profile, instead of showing a list of results.

Any other ideas that we can try?

thanks
Mitch

Post edited by: mitchs, at: 2010/06/17 16:22

13 years 11 months ago #136029 by krileon
Please PM backend Joomla login credentials and will take a look, something is not configured correctly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 11 months ago #136031 by mitchs
ok I'm sending them now

thanks!
Mitch

13 years 10 months ago #136157 by krileon
Have reviewed your installation and there is simply way too many 3rd party extensions for me to properly debug this. You'll need to remove un-necessary extensions or try a fresh install on the same server to confirm if host related or not. I am suspecting a 3rd party conflict.

I've also noticed within your configuration.php you have $live_site set. This parameter should be blank, please edit your configuration.php file and remove the contents of this parameter it should be '' (blank). This may resolve your issue, please confirm.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 10 months ago #136753 by mitchs
thank you for taking time to take a look.

You wrote

I've also noticed within your configuration.php you have $live_site set. This parameter should be blank, please edit your configuration.php file and remove the contents of this parameter it should be '' (blank). This may resolve your issue, please confirm.

we did this, but it didn't help, we still have the same issues with the search.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn