Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Gettign started

• agatura
  • agatura
13 years 10 months ago #136595 by agatura
Gettign started was created by agatura
I have read the installation instructions, but none tells me how to get the forum up and running. I have added a menu link to the main menu for the component but no forums show, where do I even add the categories of the forums i want to setup?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
13 years 10 months ago #136597 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Gettign started
agatura wrote:

I have read the installation instructions, but none tells me how to get the forum up and running. I have added a menu link to the main menu for the component but no forums show, where do I even add the categories of the forums i want to setup?

CB does not have a forum built-in.

You have to download and install the forum extensions on your own.

• xristo
  • xristo
13 years 10 months ago #136691 by xristo
Replied by xristo on topic Re:Gettign started
I'm preparing to install Community Builder and was curios if any of the free forum components work better with CB. I'm leaning towards Kunena vs. phpBB but would like to know if there are any conflicts anyone is aware of.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 10 months ago #136811 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Gettign started
xristo wrote:

I'm preparing to install Community Builder and was curios if any of the free forum components work better with CB. I'm leaning towards Kunena vs. phpBB but would like to know if there are any conflicts anyone is aware of.

Kunena is the officially supported Forum of CB, it is internally supported within the CB forum plugin. You can use any forum extension you prefer, but Kunena is the only one supported.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• xristo
  • xristo
13 years 10 months ago #138383 by xristo
Replied by xristo on topic Re:Gettign started
Just curious what features / advantages my users will have after installing CB on my JOOMLA site. I already have Kunena Forums, AlphaUserPoints, VirtueMart and Gallery installed. I'm trying to justify my need for a community component and I currently am not sure I need it.

• Rapunzl
  • Rapunzl
13 years 10 months ago #138390 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Gettign started
See this link regarding the benefits of using Community Builder .

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

Moderators: beatnantkrileon