Update Failure

13 years 9 months ago #137124 by Barrie McKinnon
Update Failure was created by Barrie McKinnon
Hi Guys,
I'm trying to update from 1.2 RC 2 because the CB Captcha plugin I have just downloaded tells me my current CB version is not compatible. When I try to install from com_comprofiler.zip I get an error message saying there is an infinite loop and the install fails. If I try to install manually via FTP from an expanded zip, all folders and files are created but trying to log in just gives me a blank screen. I'm obviously doing something really silly - can anyone point me in the right direction?
Barrie
:blush:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago #137125 by Barrie McKinnon
Replied by Barrie McKinnon on topic Re:Update Failure
Hi All,
To add to my own confusion, I misread the FTP instructions - which probably made the manual install a fairly useless effort. however, I can't follow the FTP instructions faithfully because I do not have a com_installer folder as directed in the PDF install manual.
Now feeling really stupid and inadequate!!
Barrie:sick:

Post edited by: Barrie McKinnon, at: 2010/07/05 14:22

13 years 9 months ago #137127 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Update Failure
If you are Joomla 1.5 you can just install CB 1.2.2 over your existing install.

Just make sure you backup first and run all CB tools at the end.

13 years 9 months ago #137128 by Barrie McKinnon
Hi Nick,
Yes, I'm on Joomla 1.5 (1.5.13), but when trying to install over the top of the existing CB I get the error msg

* JFolder::create: Infinite loop detected
* Warning! Failed to move file.

Then the install terminates.

I hope I'm not doing anything stupid - simply going to the Extension Manager - Install - upload package file and identifying the com_comprofiler.zip file (of of the 9 files extracted from the install package).
Cheers,

Barrie

13 years 9 months ago #137171 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Update Failure

You're 5 versions behind, please upgrade to Joomla 1.5.18 and try again. Could not duplicate your issue on latest Joomla release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 9 months ago #137368 by Barrie McKinnon
Hi Kyle,
Many thanks, will update to Joomla latest and retry.

Barrie

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.277 seconds