Problem PHPBB Connector

18 years 1 day ago #11109 by zomah
Problem PHPBB Connector was created by zomah
when i click the plugin control manager i get this error:

Warning: main(/var/www/html/forum/extension.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/zomer86/domains/hard-beats.nl/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_phpbbconnector/phpbbgui.php on line 152

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/var/www/html/forum/extension.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/zomer86/domains/hard-beats.nl/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_phpbbconnector/phpbbgui.php on line 152

Warning: main(/var/www/html/forum/common.): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/zomer86/domains/hard-beats.nl/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_phpbbconnector/phpbbgui.php on line 153

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/var/www/html/forum/common.' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/zomer86/domains/hard-beats.nl/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_phpbbconnector/phpbbgui.php on line 153
SQL errorDB function failed with error number 1146
Table 'zomer86_job.users' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT count( * ) as total_record FROM users WHERE user_active = '1'
SQL =
SELECT count( * ) as total_record FROM users WHERE user_active = '1'

what can be the problem i installed them both in the same database and i'm a complete n00b at joomla

Post edited by: zomah, at: 2006/04/27 22:34

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 1 day ago #11116 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:Problem PHPBB Connector
It looks like the forum directory is not set correctly.

From the admin side go to

Components -> Community Builder -> Plugin Management

from there click on

phpBB Connector

you should now see the "Plugin Parameters" for the phpbb Connector.

On the right side is an entry for forum directory... it defaults to "forum" which looks like what yours is set to. Change this to match the installation location of your forum (phpBB)...

i.e. it is currently set to www.yoursite.com/forum

So enter the forum directory so it points to your location

Example 2:

"dir1/dir2/phpbb" = www.yoursite.com/dir1/dir2/phpbb

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

18 years 1 day ago #11118 by geeffland
Once this is done you may have another issue...

I noticed in your post...

Table 'zomer86_job.users' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT count( * ) as total_record FROM users WHERE

The "users" after the last FROM in this quote will change to phpbb_users once you get the forum directory fixed...

but the "zomer86_job.users" table listed in the beginning... last few times I have seen this were cases where phpBB was installed in a seperate database from Joomla...

So if fixing you forum directory does not solve it all then look at how or where the databases are setup... You should be able to go into phpMyAdmin (or other MySQL admin) and see the jos_ (typically for Joomla) and phpbb_ (typically for phpbb) tables all in the same list.

NOTE jos_ and phpbb_ table prefixes are individual defaults and could be different if you set them up differently.

Hope this helps,
Greg

18 years 1 day ago #11122 by zomah
Replied by zomah on topic Re:Problem PHPBB Connector
my forum is running @ www.hard-beats.nl/forum/

and my site is running @ www.hard-beats.nl so the forum path is correct is think i also checked the database and there both in it joomla and phpbb alsoo so what can be the other problems?

18 years 12 hours ago #11180 by geeffland
Check to make sure your root website is in

/var/www/html/

and your forum is in

/var/www/html/forum/

The first error

Warning: main(/var/www/html/forum/extension.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/zomer86/domains/hard-beats.nl/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/ plug_phpbbconnector/phpbbgui.php on line 152

is indicating that it can not find the extension.inc file this file tells what extension to apply to common (i.e. typically php)

Verify that file is there.. if it is there but you see this error then check your directory permissions...

Greg

18 years 10 hours ago #11194 by zomah
Replied by zomah on topic Re:Problem PHPBB Connector
these are my ftp pads

site:

/domains/hard-beats.nl/public_html

forum:

/domains/hard-beats.nl/public_html/forum/

so i cant see what i'm doing wrong

and the extension.inc is in the right place.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn