Problem PHPBB Connector

17 years 11 months ago #11453 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:Problem PHPBB Connector
You may have trouble connecting it with the connector since you installed the forum in a subdomain. The connector will try to include some of the phpBB files... and it may have trouble accessing them in a subdirectory.

When you install phpbb it asks for the database to be installed in... This is also located in the config.php file in the forum directory... compare that with where you installed Joomla... can find it from the admin side System -> System Info or in Joomla's
configuration.php file

phpBB
$dbhost = 'your.dbhost.com';
$dbname = 'your_database';
$dbuser = 'your_user';
$dbpasswd = 'your_password';
$table_prefix = 'phpbb_';

Joomla
$mosConfig_host = 'localhost'; // This is normally set to localhost
$mosConfig_user = ''; // MySQL username
$mosConfig_password = ''; // MySQL password
$mosConfig_db = ''; // MySQL database name
$mosConfig_dbprefix = 'jos_'; // Do not change unless you need to!

Easiest way to put them in the same database if they are not there is to reinstall phpBB into the Joomla database... otherwise you need to move all of the tables and hand modify the config.php file to match... and hope there is not something else needing updated...

Then if your phpBB has already been in use and you want to move the posts then copy the tables over the newly installed ones in the Joomla database...

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 11 months ago #11515 by lucasdelmont
Replied by lucasdelmont on topic Re:Problem PHPBB Connector
Yeah. It worked. Apparently :D

Theorically I could overwrite my old forum folder with the current config, couldn´t I?

Thank you.

17 years 11 months ago #11549 by geeffland
lucasdelmont,

You are correct that theoretically you could overwrite your config.php and double check the phpbb_config (?? table name)...

Usually have better luck with the reinstall and overwrite tables though...

Greg

17 years 11 months ago #11550 by lucasdelmont
Yeah. Simply reinstalled it (it works on subdomains with no problems, btw) and restored my forum from a table backup. Working like magic :D

Thanks again.

17 years 11 months ago #11586 by lucasdelmont
Ahn...

One thing. Everything was working fine, but now when i click on the plugincp I get a "file not found "index.php". Thinking I may have deleted it mistically, I reinstalled the plugin. No "index.php".

any idea on what is happenning?

17 years 11 months ago #11623 by geeffland
Check which directory it is reporting that for... phpBB Connector does not have an index.php... so it is either the index.php for Joomla or phpBB... neither should be missing or you will see big problems...

My guess is that is has to do with the forum in your subdomain. When the connector is including the phpBB files it is starting at your document_root which might be pointing to your main website...

Other possible case is that when the Control Panel starts up it includes Joomla Admin files and verifies that an admin is logged in... so it might also be looking for administrator/index.php

Those are my guesses...
Greg

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn