MySQL Field Type Plugin

13 years 3 weeks ago #155318 by learnthrusong
Replied by learnthrusong on topic Re: MySQL Field Type Plugin
SoftForge = GENIUS!!!!

your SQL worked a treat!!!

Thanks so much!

What exactly is 's' and 'c' in the query i.e. the 's'.id = 'c'.cb_testpapram AND 'c'.id = {USERID} ?

Are they just variables that you have defined by 'using' them in the query or are they 'hard-coded'?

I guess they must be the first option as my table - lts.schools ('s') is custom right?

Thanks again,

Gez

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 weeks ago #155321 by softforge
Replied by softforge on topic Re: MySQL Field Type Plugin
No problem! :)

You got it, I just gave the tables a short name in the FROM so I could easily refer to their columns uniquely (most tables have a column called id).

You can also refer to them in full so this should also work:
SELECT name 
FROM lts_schools, jos_comprofiler
WHERE lts_schools.id = jos_comprofiler.cb_testpapram AND jos_comprofiler.id = {USERID}

Enjoy! :silly:

If you like our plugins, please consider writing a review on the Joomla Extension Directory or the Community Builder Directory ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: learnthrusong

13 years 3 weeks ago #155549 by rridderhof
Replied by rridderhof on topic Re: MySQL Field Type Plugin
Hi there,

Thanks for the reply on my question. I added the suggested and it's working now!
I am (again) a very happy user of the plugin!

regards,

13 years 2 weeks ago #155885 by NickOg
Replied by NickOg on topic Re: MySQL Field Type Plugin
Hi,

I am not sure whether this fits here or in the general cb topics. The mySQL field works just fine. My problem is that when I run the Tools to check the system after an upgrade, I get this message when I run the Check Community Builder Database link.

Checking Community Builder Database:

All Community Builder comprofiler_field_values table fieldid rows all match existing fields.

All Community Builder comprofiler_field_values table rows link to correct fieldtype fields in comprofiler_field table.

There are 1 column(s) missing in the comprofiler table, which are defined as fields (rows in comprofiler_fields):

- Field cb_nxtfrmbrn - Column cb_nxtfrmbrn is missing from comprofiler table.

This one can be fixed by deleting and recreating the field(s) using components / Community Builder / Field Management.
Please additionally make sure that columns in comprofiler table are not also duplicated in users table.

Checking Community Builder folders:
Avatars and thumbnails folder is Writeable.
All Core CB mandatory basics Database is up to date.

Core CB mandatory basics database checks done. If all lines above are in green, test completed successfully. Otherwise, please take corrective measures proposed in red.
All Core CB Database is up to date.
Click here to Show details

I have followed the instructions to fix the problem with no success but, in any case, the plugin works fine,displaying a maximum value of a couple of fields.

Have I set something wrong somewhere? Is is a plug in or cb problem.

Thanks for the plugin.

Regards
Nick

13 years 2 weeks ago #155939 by softforge
Replied by softforge on topic Re: MySQL Field Type Plugin
Hi Nick,

You're right, I've just checked and I am getting the same warnings when I run the checks in CB tools.

It looks like CB expects a field in the comprofiler table for every MySQL field as I based it on a normal text field. I cant see it causing a problem in normal usage but I'll look into fixing that warning in the next version. I'll look at how the delimiter field works as the MySQL field is effectively a dynamic delimiter.

Thanks for reporting.

If you like our plugins, please consider writing a review on the Joomla Extension Directory or the Community Builder Directory ...

13 years 2 weeks ago #156020 by NickOg
Replied by NickOg on topic Re: MySQL Field Type Plugin
Ah, at least it is a relief that I wasn't the only one getting the message.

No, it doesn't seem to cause a problem other than the time deleting the field and recreating it. Now I know that I don't need to do that.

Thanks for the very fast reply and i will keep my eye out for the next version.

Regards

Nick

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.273 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn