MySQL Field Type Plugin

14 years 3 months ago #117630 by evlebedev
Replied by evlebedev on topic Re:MySQL Field Type Plugin
Hello!
Can I use your Plugin to display in the user profile, the number of articles added to them?
If yes, please tell me how to do this?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 3 months ago #117675 by softforge
Replied by softforge on topic Re:MySQL Field Type Plugin
Hi evlebedev,

Yes you can use this plugin to do that. This is the MySQL query you will need to get that result:

SELECT count(*)
FROM #__content
WHERE created_by = {USERID}

I hope this helps :)

Post edited by: softforge, at: 2009/11/25 12:19

If you like our plugins, please consider writing a review on the Joomla Extension Directory or the Community Builder Directory ...

14 years 3 months ago #117740 by evlebedev
Replied by evlebedev on topic Re:MySQL Field Type Plugin
Thank you very much!
You helped me a lot!

14 years 3 months ago #117958 by hivver
Replied by hivver on topic Re:MySQL Field Type Plugin
This is actually kind of perfect, the limit is our imagination (so there must be no limit).

Thanks!!!

14 years 3 months ago #118730 by aattila
Replied by aattila on topic Re:MySQL Field Type Plugin
Hello!

I try to list the attachments related to the users in a separate tab. I do this:
SELECT filename, modification_date FROM #__attachments WHERE uploader_id={USERID}
But I can see only the first attachment at the profile. What can be wrong with my setup?

Thanks.

/Attila/

14 years 3 months ago #118807 by softforge
Replied by softforge on topic Re:MySQL Field Type Plugin
Hi Attila,

When I built this plugin, I only needed it to return 1 result, so if many were returned it would only display the first. You could try using the MySQL Concatenate functions with nested SELECT statements for each argument but this would only work for a predefined number of results and wouldn't be very efficient.

A better way would be to modify the plugin to deal with more then 1 result. This shouldn't be too difficult but I don't have the time right now to do it. However, I can see this feature being very useful and it will defiantly be included in my next version.

If you like our plugins, please consider writing a review on the Joomla Extension Directory or the Community Builder Directory ...

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.276 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn