Conditions plugin

15 years 5 months ago #17882 by smeallum
Replied by smeallum on topic Re:Conditions plugin
Thanks Mikko...

But what you say makes sense. Unfortunately i am the only developer resource :(

What about putting the cities for each country in a separate drop-down and hiding them all, and showing only the corresponding combo depending on the country chose?

Would that be worth the time or it wouldn't make any difference?

Cheers,
NiCo

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 5 months ago #17900 by ralex
Replied by ralex on topic Re:Conditions plugin
mikko wrote:

There is no limit by design. However, the plugin was designed to solve a problem where there was only a small amount things to hide and show. Beause of this, the javascript that it generates is not optimized in terms of performance. Without seing your site, I would guess that the JS either times out, or runs out of memory.

Can you post the address of your site?

The solution for your problem would be to refactor the code that generates the javascript, but I have no plans to do this currently, since my own sites do not need this in large scale, and I have plenty of other things that need to be fixed. However, if you have developer resources available, I will be more than happy to provide assistance on how to fix this.

mikko

Post edited by: mikko, at: 2006/07/30 23:57


are you reffering to my post? ...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 5 months ago #17912 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:Conditions plugin
roba121 wrote:

I thought this might be the case. However I tried normal fields and it doesnt work either. If I knew I could get one field to work It would make me feel better and of course be useful.

Think about the possibility though of having a condition that showed html code (as the delimt field does) you could do all kinds of things.

thanks, hope you can shed some light


There is a small bug with showing and hiding normal fields in IE. It will be fixed some time (hopefully sooon).

The plugin works in a way that it identifies and input field by it's name and then hides and shows that part of the form. Because delimiter field does not include any name or id attribute in the output, it is not possible to create a generic solution that would hide and show these fields usign JS.

mikko

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 5 months ago #17913 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:Conditions plugin
ralex wrote:

mikko wrote:

There is no limit by design. However, the plugin was designed to solve a problem where there was only a small amount things to hide and show. Beause of this, the javascript that it generates is not optimized in terms of performance. Without seing your site, I would guess that the JS either times out, or runs out of memory.

Can you post the address of your site?

The solution for your problem would be to refactor the code that generates the javascript, but I have no plans to do this currently, since my own sites do not need this in large scale, and I have plenty of other things that need to be fixed. However, if you have developer resources available, I will be more than happy to provide assistance on how to fix this.

mikko

Post edited by: mikko, at: 2006/07/30 23:57


are you reffering to my post? ...


I was referring to the post by NiCo

mikko

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 5 months ago #17914 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:Conditions plugin
smeallum wrote:

Thanks Mikko...

But what you say makes sense. Unfortunately i am the only developer resource :(

What about putting the cities for each country in a separate drop-down and hiding them all, and showing only the corresponding combo depending on the country chose?

Would that be worth the time or it wouldn't make any difference?

Cheers,
NiCo


Separate dropdowns would mean that the data would be stored in separate columns in database.

Can you pm the address of your site, so that I can check it?

mikko

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 5 months ago #17921 by smeallum
Replied by smeallum on topic Re:Conditions plugin
thanks :)

I just PM'ed you the details.

Chers,
NiCo

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.360 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn