CB Paid Subscriptions plugin update discussion

17 years 3 months ago #30672 by beat
Some of the side benefits of the paid subscriptions plugin have already been "refactored" into CB.

Thanks for this good idea of clean-up function, we will see how to implement it in the best way into CB. :-)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The topic has been locked.
17 years 3 months ago #30681 by p9939068
beat is being a tease :laugh:

Mike Feng
Creator of SIMGallery, SIMAnswers, and ParaInvite
www.simbunch.com
twitter.com/simbunch
17 years 3 months ago #30759 by p9939068
Hey beat,
Will the plugin have 2 payment modes, ie a choice between "One-time payment" mode and a "Monthly recurring subscription" mode available to the users?

Mike Feng
www.simbunch.com
twitter.com/simbunch
17 years 3 months ago #30843 by Aly
And my big question - what happens to existing users? I have about 760 paid members that I manually add after receiving Paypal payments. This also means that for the past year I have to send email reminders for their annual renewals and disable accounts (almost weekly) for those who choose not to renew. I'm looking forward to having some of these tasks managed by the plugin one day (soon? :P)

But I will, of course, need to set different expiration dates for each and every user. I do track that all in an excel file - would be awesome if there was a way to import that data somehow to enable the plugin to work for all members (not just those who join or renew after it is installed). Does that make any sense?
17 years 3 months ago #30865 by beat
p9939068 wrote:

Hey beat,
Will the plugin have 2 payment modes, ie a choice between "One-time payment" mode and a "Monthly recurring subscription" mode available to the users?

Actually, the recurring subscriptions work already, with all renewals, but the user needs to pay the renewals each time.

Not a problem for yearly sites, but for weekly or monthly, it is.

Am implementing it right now for a customer needing it with a given payment processor.

Right now, processors are implemented for:
- paypal non-recurring (individual payments for renewals)
- swissPost yellowPay non-recurring (they don't support recurring)
- offline payments by check or so

Before release, following will be implemented:
- authorize.net (recurring payments, and maybe non-recurring)

If you have other requirements, we can do them soon after first release (payment processor interfaces are plugins to this plugin).

Aly wrote:

And my big question - what happens to existing users? I have about 760 paid members that I manually add after receiving Paypal payments. This also means that for the past year I have to send email reminders for their annual renewals and disable accounts (almost weekly) for those who choose not to renew. I'm looking forward to having some of these tasks managed by the plugin one day (soon? :P)

But I will, of course, need to set different expiration dates for each and every user. I do track that all in an excel file - would be awesome if there was a way to import that data somehow to enable the plugin to work for all members (not just those who join or renew after it is installed). Does that make any sense?

Right now, import option is optimized for calendar-end renewals (used it on this site), not for fixed-time type imports. But should be able to be added easily. Please contact me after release if it's not included in initial release.

Post edited by: beat, at: 2007/02/10 14:56

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
17 years 3 months ago #30877 by p9939068
beat wrote:

(payment processor interfaces are plugins to this plugin)

Wow this is great! Since paypal supports recurring, I suppose it is easy to create a plugin to support recurring payments right?

Mike Feng
www.simbunch.com
twitter.com/simbunch
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.264 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn