Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Paid Subscriptions plugin update discussion

• beat
  • beat
17 years 4 months ago #29629 by beat
ysva wrote:

That "someone" that pointed out is should be commercial would be me, yes people it's all my fault....

Beat, do you think you can modify your plugin to create something to keep community sites clean so users have a certain time in which they are registered (for example 1 year) and then have about a month or 2 to confirm their account again so it won't get deleted?

Actually, the plugin could also be used for free, renewable (renewable for a limited time in advance) subscriptions as only plan available for the site.

So it could be something "subscribe for free for one year, renewable 2 months in advance before end of the period". But it does same effect.

I was designing this feature for free, non-renewable, trial accounts (like 1 day or 1 hour). But if you switch renewable to on and put price to 0, this feature already works :) (except for the expiration part, including renewal reminder email, which are in development :D ). So no modifications needed for this new use of it. ;)

btw. lol.... Actually, "someone" should have read "a few people", as you were not the only one, actually quite a few posts and comments are saying something like "it's very ok to spend (some) money if it allows you to earn (hopefully: lots of) money" ;)

@ All + paid subscribers here: Thanks for your feedbacks and support.
First subscribers feedbacks (including parametrable (e.g. here: download instructions) on screen display after comming back from paypal, as well as in a new payment completed notificiation email) are all already implemented and in action since today on this website. :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The topic has been locked.
  • sjcarr
  • sjcarr
17 years 3 months ago #29749 by sjcarr
This looks awesome. I am searching for a solid subscription component. What is the chance this will integrate with Verisign's (now owned by Paypal) Payflow Pro service?

Thanks!
  • Bandit
  • Bandit
17 years 3 months ago #29922 by Bandit
:woohoo: This plugin sounds fantastic! AEC is just not working well for me, and I'd gladly pay a reasonable sum for something that does what it claims to do, and does it well. Will this plugin offer an offline payment option as well? I have a lot of members who prefer to pay via check in the mail instead of paypal.

Can't wait for this release!

Bandit
  • beat
  • beat
17 years 3 months ago #29924 by beat
Bandit wrote:

:woohoo: This plugin sounds fantastic! AEC is just not working well for me, and I'd gladly pay a reasonable sum for something that does what it claims to do, and does it well. Will this plugin offer an offline payment option as well? I have a lot of members who prefer to pay via check in the mail instead of paypal.

Can't wait for this release!

Bandit

It already offers backend activation of subscriptions, so you can activate subscriptions paid offline. You can also add text in front-end for the instructions.

An offline payment workflow (payment processor) displaying instructions only after selecting that method should be quite easy to add, will try to do it for the release, good point, thanks :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
  • r5e
  • r5e
17 years 3 months ago #30462 by r5e
I'm setting up a new organisation and I think this will be very useful for us to process/administer memberships with. As we have only just started, I've got to put together a budget to justify funds from our sponsers. How much would this plugin be worth (rough figures only, I won't hold you to them)?
Still aiming for Feb release?
  • ysva
  • ysva
17 years 3 months ago #30477 by ysva
beat wrote:

ysva wrote:

That "someone" that pointed out is should be commercial would be me, yes people it's all my fault....

Beat, do you think you can modify your plugin to create something to keep community sites clean so users have a certain time in which they are registered (for example 1 year) and then have about a month or 2 to confirm their account again so it won't get deleted?

Actually, the plugin could also be used for free, renewable (renewable for a limited time in advance) subscriptions as only plan available for the site.

So it could be something "subscribe for free for one year, renewable 2 months in advance before end of the period". But it does same effect.

I was designing this feature for free, non-renewable, trial accounts (like 1 day or 1 hour). But if you switch renewable to on and put price to 0, this feature already works :) (except for the expiration part, including renewal reminder email, which are in development :D ). So no modifications needed for this new use of it. ;)

btw. lol.... Actually, "someone" should have read "a few people", as you were not the only one, actually quite a few posts and comments are saying something like "it's very ok to spend (some) money if it allows you to earn (hopefully: lots of) money" ;)

@ All + paid subscribers here: Thanks for your feedbacks and support.
First subscribers feedbacks (including parametrable (e.g. here: download instructions) on screen display after comming back from paypal, as well as in a new payment completed notificiation email) are all already implemented and in action since today on this website. :)

lol, and they're all good people!

Do you think you can bring out a "lite" version just for that, which could be standard for CB? I've been looking for ages for a thing with which I can cleanup inactive users.
Moderators: beatnantkrileon