phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available

18 years 2 months ago #7258 by beat
Hi Greg,

Still following up your work here :)

Keep it going, it will be awesome 8)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 2 months ago #7260 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
Can't really say the donations would help...Thanks for the offer though... Now if you can gather up some free time that would help :)

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

18 years 2 months ago #7267 by sqjtaipei
Replied by sqjtaipei on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
geeffland wrote:

Here is a short list of what the plugin does? (after setup and published)
Base Plugin Features:
4) When a user profile is updated in CB they are updated in phpBB (including Avatar)

Greg... your plugin is great. I'm really grateful. I'm doing my first Joomla install and have been thrilled about all the support from users and developers like you.

About the above (quoted) feature...
This doesn't seem to be happening for me... when I change my image in my CB profile... it doesn't update in phpBB. I think I have the dimension and file size limits set the same. Do I need to modify the default folders in my setup someplace?

One more thing... when I look at my phpBB tab in my CB profile... it shows my posts... but then it says "Reply's". That should be "Replies". No apostrophe.

Thanks,
SQJ

18 years 2 months ago #7272 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
SQJ,

Thanks for the compliments. I must say that the quality of support is really inspired by Beat and Nant (along with the Joomla guys like Jinx as well)... These guys never seem to give up trying to help... I am sure I missed several others... so no thing bad intended for those...

And the plugin was originated by Martijn189... I just helped him polish it up and add a few features.

That is most likely an issue with our component. I think in 1.0.2 it is supposed to sync up the avatars upon looking at the profiles... We are working on this area a little bit... so it should get better in the next release

Thanks for finding the spelling error in the other... that area is not completely gutted so that will give us a chance to do an other spelling error :)

I am also pretty good at hardcoding text then forgetting to replace it with literals for language files...

Thanks Again,
Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

18 years 2 months ago #7721 by dsendecki
Replied by dsendecki on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
Hey guys,

I've noticed (on my site at least) that a user's posts do not appear in their tab until they START a thread, not just reply to one.

Once they've started a thread, both replies to posts and threads appear -- but nothing appears until they START a thread...

Is anybody else experiencing this?

Thanks in advance for the help!

18 years 2 months ago #7752 by nethead
Replied by nethead on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
Hi there,

is the integration of a third party PM Module planed? The only thing keeping my from using this plugin is, that it would resultin 2 seperate PM systems beeing used. Wouldnt it?

Or is it possible to intehrate the phpBB PM System into CB?

cheers,

:: nethead ::

Post edited by: nethead, at: 2006/03/06 16:14

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.524 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn