username error

13 years 9 months ago #137860 by Mandig
Replied by Mandig on topic Re:username error
Krileon,

sorry to bother you again but I thought that cb_email was the right trigger to use substitution but it doesn't work. Could you please let me know what is the name of the default email field to be used ?

Thanks for your usual assistance.

Bye

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago #137874 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:username error
Mandig wrote:

Krileon,

sorry to bother you again but I thought that cb_email was the right trigger to use substitution but it doesn't work. Could you please let me know what is the name of the default email field to be used ?

Thanks for your usual assistance.

Bye

The email field will display simply as "Email" within CBSubs Fields integration. If you're performing this as a database query then you need to query the _users database table and perform the update there.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 9 months ago #137918 by Mandig
Krileon,

according to what I knew CB Fields integration in CB Subs does not support substitutions right ?

In my case I would have to to use an SQL query to substitute username field with email field in jos_users table right ?

Is this command correct for my case ?

[code:1]INSERT INTO `#__users` ( `username` ) VALUES ( '[cb_email]' )[/code:1]

Please correct me if it is not exact (if you could provide me an exampe of the query it would be great !!!)

Thanks once again.

Bye

Post edited by: Mandig, at: 2010/07/16 16:14

13 years 9 months ago #138003 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:username error

according to what I knew CB Fields integration in CB Subs does not support substitutions right ?

Sorry, yes this is correct. Currently CB Fields does not support substitutions. I've added a feature ticket for this to be addressed.

In my case I would have to to use an SQL query to substitute username field with email field in jos_users table right ?

Correct.

Is this command correct for my case ?

No, please see the following query.

[code:1]
UPDATE `#__users` SET `username` = '[email]' WHERE `id` = [user_id]
[/code:1]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 9 months ago #138007 by Mandig
Thanks a lot Krileon. As usual you saved my life ! ;)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds