[SOLVED] Registration not working front or back

13 years 9 months ago #137796 by mwcourtney
PHP version: 5.2.15
Joomla version: 1.5.18
CB version: 1.2.3

All of a sudden users and admin can not register or edit a profile. I keep getting a validation popup that says "Please enter your first name", even-though the first name field is filled in. I am lost and have no idea what to do. I need this to work urgently. Please help.

Link: www.healingtouchprogram.com/find-an-instructor/instructor-registration

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/07/21 16:01

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago #137798 by willroz
Hello,

I seem to have the same problem as well. users and admin cannot register or edit a profile.

In addition, the cb_login module will not log me in to the front end of my site. It redirects me to a /component/comprofiler/login page, where I still cannot log in from. When I disable the cb_login module and revert back to the native login module I can at least access the front end of the site.

I also am experiencing not being able to upload/change users profile pictures.

The same problem exists with the profile gallery.

I have reset the permissions to the com_comprofiler directory(and individual sub-directories;i.e. images, plugin, etc.) to 777 in case it was a permissions issue, but had no luck.

I have also tried adding/subtracting the url in the "var $live_site=" command on line 20 of the configuration.php file. I found this advice somewhere in this forum, and figured I'd give it a whirl. Still no luck.

I'm using:
PHP version: 5.2.15
Joomla version: 1.5.18
CB version: 1.2.3

Note: This was a fresh install of CB 1.2.3, not an upgrade.

Any help will be geatly appreciated.
Thanks

13 years 9 months ago #137910 by krileon

I seem to have the same problem as well. users and admin cannot register or edit a profile.

Can't register? Any on-screen errors? Debug mode and maximum error reporting on? Any errors within server error log?

In addition, the cb_login module will not log me in to the front end of my site. It redirects me to a /component/comprofiler/login page, where I still cannot log in from. When I disable the cb_login module and revert back to the native login module I can at least access the front end of the site.

Please disable all SEO and confirm if issue persists.

I also am experiencing not being able to upload/change users profile pictures.

Sounds like a permissions issue, 777 is possibly too high for your host. Please contact your host for the highest most acceptable permissions level.

I have also tried adding/subtracting the url in the "var $live_site=" command on line 20 of the configuration.php file. I found this advice somewhere in this forum, and figured I'd give it a whirl. Still no luck.

Live site in your configuration.php file should always be blank.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 9 months ago #138016 by mwcourtney
This is really pissing me off. Why is the registration not working? I Keep getting a validation popup "please enter your first name", a fist name has been entered. It is as if the First Name field in the registration form is unrecognized. I have tried everything I know. Please advise. Debug and error reporting show nothing that makes sense to this issue.

Thank you.

13 years 9 months ago #138025 by willroz
I got the registration issue figured out. In my case, it was the "$live_site=" parameter (I guess). I reemoved the url from the parameter in the config.php file tonight, and viola, my registration issue is gone.

I'm still having an issue with not being able to upload a profile image, or anything to the profile image gallery.

As with MW, debug and error reporting don't show any issues.

I'm running RS Firewall, and may have inadvertantly screwed up my permissions using it. Do you know what permissions settings are needed on which folder so I can see if they are set properly? I have a notion that this is the problem because I can assign an image from the gallery, but can't upload. I can select an image, hit the upload button, and then it tells me to select an image to upload, as if I had not chosen an image at all. My guess is permissions, do you know the defaults?

Thanks

Post edited by: willroz, at: 2010/07/17 03:06

13 years 9 months ago #138028 by mwcourtney
As far as the folder com_comprofiler and it's sub- directories go; my permissions are set at 0755.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn