[SOLVED] add friends? cb? also site member searh failed

13 years 5 months ago #146385 by www.youastrol.com
I have frei chat module installed on my web site, so members can chat. I have it to where members can upload their own profile picture. I have guestbook, so I have a facebook like wall on my page. I only have the CB login displayed on my home page, and when you login it only has a home tab, a profile tab(for you to view your profile), and a browse users tab which is supposed to take me to view other users. however, it just displayed their links(basically a blank page, and when i hover over different spots on the screen a link read), not their photos, last time online, online status, or even user name. Please help someone. I am new but learning very fast. I was also wondering if there was a way to just have CB Login for a homepage, without template banners and all of that. It would also be nice if I could remove the bee banner through html, while using the default bee template, without causing harm to my site. Any help would be hugely appreciated.

MAIN FOCUS: and i do apologize for my rambling, but where is there a code to "add others as a friend" please tell me there is one.

(ps, for whatever it's worth I also have a twitter like status update box on your left module, (once logged in of course) but it isn't affiliated with twitter. i feel like integrated commerical social networks into your own little projects is just wrong.

Post edited by: www.youastrol.com, at: 2010/11/16 18:39

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/11/16 20:17

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 5 months ago #146393 by krileon
I recommend finding a contract developer to assist in configuring your site. There's much there that we can't do for you such as modifying your template. As for user userlist showing the rows, but no users you need to ensure the tabs your fields you've set to display in the columns of your userlist are set to public and published otherwise the fields and subsequently the rows will display blank.

To use connections you need to ensure connections is enabled and configured (see CB Configuration). To add a connection navigate to another users profile other then your own and click Add Connection from the Menu.

You can display only the login page by creating a menu link to CB login and setting it as your Home link.

I recommend becoming a documentation subscriber for the documentation to assist in configuring your site.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 5 months ago #146397 by www.youastrol.com
Replied by www.youastrol.com on topic Re:add friends? cb? also site member searh failed
I'll take your advice and report back. I think of the internet as a free revolution so I have no interest in subscribing but thanks.

13 years 5 months ago #146398 by www.youastrol.com
Replied by www.youastrol.com on topic Re:add friends? cb? also site member searh failed
I' ve tried making my list public and published, still not working. any other suggestions?

13 years 5 months ago #146402 by krileon

I'll take your advice and report back. I think of the internet as a free revolution so I have no interest in subscribing but thanks.

Electricity, food, water, etc.. are not free. Subscribers support the developers. Developers provide for the subscribers. It's a life-cycle so to speak, nothing is free (aside from CB of course as is free open source) in a sense. You're welcome to believe as you wish, but please do not expect "top class support" if you've no intentions to support the developers you're specifically requesting support form. ;)

www.youastrol.com wrote:

I' ve tried making my list public and published, still not working. any other suggestions?

Not your list, your tabs. Each field such as Username is assigned to a tab such as Contact Info. If that tab (Contact Info) is set to Registered then all fields on Contact Info will not show to users who are not logged in.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/11/16 19:22

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 5 months ago #146403 by www.youastrol.com
I agree with you, but I feel the most successful internet CEO's didn't start by subscribing to site after site, not to be offensive. I'm sure they had to hire programmers and developers as time went on, which I plan to do if I ever get there. All of my tabs are set to access everybody and their published. I've made sure tab field and lists are all published and accessed to registered users

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn