No emails arriving

12 years 6 months ago #178624 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: No emails arriving
What exact modifications did you make?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 6 months ago #178667 by tipana
Replied by tipana on topic Re: No emails arriving
That's awesome news - when you say you configured these, what exactly did you configure - I see you have the file names, but how did you change these files.

Thank you :-)

12 years 6 months ago #178709 by vippass
Replied by vippass on topic Re: No emails arriving
I moved my Joomla! website from localhost to hosting. On localhost Joomla! phpmail was not configured and CB wasn't installed.

I installed CommunityBuilder (Comprofiler+cblogin) and sow, that users didn't get approval email during registration using cblogin. Using Joomla! registration users didn't get approval email too.

According to instruction in my provider's FAQ I configured Site/Global Configuration/Server/mail settings (to send mails via phpmail).
And according to my providers FAQ manually changed in file /libraries/phpmailer/phpmailer.php line
$params = sprintf("-oi -f %s", $this->Sender);
to
$params = '';

Joomla! registration mail started work correctly, but CBlogin mail still was not working.

Configured file administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/phpmailer/phpmailer.phpmailer.php. in the same way, as /libraries/phpmailer/phpmailer.php
After this modification everything works good.

To tipana: you can copy *.php files from ftp to your local machine using any ftp-client than edit these files using notepad.exe and than copy modified files to ftp. Or using web2ftp on your hosting control panel.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn