Menu SEF URL to own profile

7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #283064 by sekelfek
Replied by sekelfek on topic Menu SEF URL to own profile
I am not sure if was understood what I want to point.

OK, when a webpage display the CB Login Module on all pages (sidebar), there is a another thing.
On my webpage is only a menu-entry to the CB Login Module.
But.
When i make for non logged in users only a menu-entry to "Community Builder » userprofile" User Profile (mandatory!), than link this for non logged in users to a error page. URL = /cb-profile .
understand?
I must also make a menu-entry for non logged in users to a CB Login module page. OK. But, when user is right logged in, the module redirect to the start page. URL = / . (First Hint: also i must set in the CB Login Module the "Login Redirection URL" to the "Community Builder » userprofile" User Profile (mandatory!), /cb-profile. Second Hint: when the page is not on /, than must set it on this place the Joomla base URL, example: /mysite/cb-profile.)
Also.
First: I must make two CB menu-entrys. One for CB Login. One for Profile view.
Second: I have also 2 Error Pages included.
- Menu: "Community Builder » userprofile" User Profile (mandatory!). "You are not logged in."-error page.
- Menu: "CB Login Module". "You are logged in."-error page.

The better way:
When user is non logged in, than:
Link the menu-entry "Community Builder » userprofile" User Profile (mandatory!) to the CB Login Module. Also not to the "You are not logged in."-error page.
When user is logged in, than:
Link the menu-entry "Community Builder » userprofile" User Profile (mandatory!) to the users profile.
Yet, i have only one link in my menu, the "Community Builder » userprofile" User Profile (mandatory!), and this have include the CB Login for non logged in users.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #283076 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Menu SEF URL to own profile
Joomla menu system works as follows.

DOMAIN/MENU-ALIAS/VIEW/PARAMETERS

That's exactly what our menu item is doing and as follows.

MENU-ALIAS = my-menu
VIEW = userprofile
PARAMETERS = username

We've internally discussed it and agreed that we can drop "userprofile" since it's the default view for CBs component. This means the URLs would be as follows.

domain/my-profile/username

This is the only change we are going to make at this time to how our menus and aliases work. I've noted this change in the below ticket (which also notes adding user customized profile urls).

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5747

We are not going to make 2 URLs going to the same place. I recommend setting your alias to "profile" or "profiles" for it to make the most sense.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 10 months ago #283091 by sekelfek
Replied by sekelfek on topic Menu SEF URL to own profile
OK, there is really a little difficult.

Problem 1.)
Specially:
When i set a "Community Builder » userprofile (mandatory!)" under-menu-entry in the parent Community Builder » userprofile (mandatory!)" and name it "My Profile", than i have this Links/URLs:

"Community Builder » userprofile (mandatory!)" parent:
example.com/cb-profile/

"Community Builder » userprofile (mandatory!)" under-menu "My Profile":
example.com/cb-profile/cb-profile/

Other user profil pages:
example.com/cb-profile/cb-profile/userprofile/username

Solution for a "My Profile" menu-entry:
Don't set a under-menu "Community Builder » userprofile (mandatory!)".
Set a Menu Item Alias to the parent "Community Builder » userprofile (mandatory!)" menu-entry.

Problem 2.)
That's realy crazy with the menu-entrys!
When i set:
Community Builder » login / parent / Guest
Community Builder » userprofile (mandatory!) / parent / Registered
Than works the logged out redirect to click Community Builder » userprofile (mandatory!). And you don't see this menu-entry, wenn non logged in! (for testing i put the link URL in the browser).

example.com/cb-profile
redirect to --->
example.com/component/comprofiler/login

But, when i set the menu-entry:
Community Builder » userprofile (mandatory!) / parent / Public
and click this menu-entry as a non logged in user, than don't work the redirect to the CB Login. The link redirect to a Error Page.

On your test site:

The redirect to the login page works right for non logged in users.
When click the "Community Builder » userprofile (mandatory!)" parent menu-entry, than redirect to the CB Login Page (module).

The users profile page and other user profile page when logged in:
demo.cbdemosites.com/community-builder/profile

The users profile page and other user profile page redirect when non logged in:
demo.cbdemosites.com/component/users/?view=login

My 2 problems:
1) The Login Page for logged in users display an error "Error - You are not authorised to view this resource."
the same on your test site:
demo.cbdemosites.com/community-builder/login
(open the link after you logged in)
OK, you hidden this link, when user is logged in. (Guest Group?)

2) The "Community Builder » userprofile (mandatory!)" parent meny entry redirect not to the CB Login Page, but to a Error Page, when is set "Public".
example.com/cb-profile/
---> You don't have Access.

Also, all works fine only with a Joomla "Guest Group". There is no standard.

I wish for the "Community Builder » userprofile (mandatory!)":
When user is non logged in: redirect to the CB Login.
When user is logged in: redirect to CB Startpage (whatever you set).

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.434 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn