[#7374] Install problems via Upload Package File Tab

5 years 4 months ago #309133 by krileon
Looks like a symptom of a bigger problem. That's just trying to access cached plugin objects, which aren't there for some reason. Will know more once PHP 7.3 wampserver with updated xdebug module is available and having done some testing, but that probably won't be this month as we're busy integrating with Joomla privacy suite first.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #309262 by peerj
Dear krileon
I also encountered the same error

Nothing to install.

This may be a problem with the scandir()
I contacted my manager
He said that scandir() is dangerous,
So they can't allow

Can you solve this problem?

Thank you for your patience

Attachments:

5 years 4 months ago #309276 by krileon
scandir is not dangerous and is necessary for the package installer to find available packages to install. It's used in core Joomla (templates), CB (package installer and finding image field defaults), and several other extensions (e.g. k2 finder). The only way I can see scandir being a security risk is if the server is configured wrong to begin with, which would make opendir, readdir, etc.. also just as risky.

To solve the problem you need to remove it from the disabled functions list in php.ini. Contact your host regarding this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 3 months ago #309722 by IanNorton
Replied by IanNorton on topic Install problems via Upload Package File Tab
I have discovered the same problem today - unable to upgrade to v 2.4.0. by uploading the zipped package.

I did install successfully via the web.

5 years 3 months ago #309749 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Install problems via Upload Package File Tab
You'll need to take that up with your web host. scandir is not dangerous. There's no reason for it to be disabled. It can't access root and even if disabled they could just use DirectoryIterator. Entirely pointless for a host to disable.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn