[SOLVED] No Registration Emails

3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #321576 by bascherz
[SOLVED] No Registration Emails was created by bascherz
CB is not sending registration confirmation emails. I have verified that other components within the site are able to send emails (my test account receives them). Anyone know what could be causing this?

Thanks in advance,
Bruce

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 4 months ago #321592 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic No Registration Emails
Check spam folder as maybe it's going to spam. Are you using SMTP or PHP Mail? If using SMTP see the below topic with example SMTP configuration for GMail as sometimes you need to append the port to the host.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/149-usage/241765-smtp-connect-failed#315164

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 4 months ago #321614 by bascherz
Replied by bascherz on topic No Registration Emails
I am getting emails from the site from other extensions. There is nothing in the spam folder (remarkably). Site is using SMTP mail and the host is the one provided by the hosting company. The site email configuration is correct. I'm certain of it.

One other thing not working is the Re-confirmation plugin. It's not logging anything at all, but I may be using it for the wrong purpose. I am trying to have the site re-send registration confirmation emails since email was, in fact, not working on this site initially. It doesn't appear to be doing anything at all. Which, of course, makes me suspicious of CB's ability to send emails at all. Something is definitely awry here.

Thanks,
Bruce

3 years 4 months ago #321648 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic No Registration Emails
If you suspect CB isn't sending emails use the Mass Mailer in CB > User Management to test emailing yourself. CB Reconfirm Email is not meant to resend an email that was never sent. It is meant to require the user to confirm changing their email address. It does nothing beyond that. There is a button in CB > User Management for resending reconfirmation email if the user did not confirm their account.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 4 months ago #321660 by bascherz
Yes, I was referring to the button on the user manager. It's not resending the registration confirmation emails. They also aren't going out during registration. I was looking at the the log for the email change confirmation plugin thinking they might appear there, but as you pointed out, that's unrelated. I can try the mass mailing thing later today.

By the way, I appreciate the help as I try to get my sponsor to pay to renew my professional subscription. I get paid nothing for my work, so I cannot justify such expenses out of my own pocket. So in the interim, I do greatly appreciate the help.

Regards,
Bruce

3 years 4 months ago #321678 by bascherz
Sure enough... there was a typo in the CB configuration for Registration email address (a single character typo, very difficult to see). It's interesting that this configuration information is also used for mass mailings. Good to know!

Thanks again, Kyle. I will be renewing my membership later today. You are awesome!

Bruce

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.305 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn