SMTP connect() failed

4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #315158 by Omanne
SMTP connect() failed was created by Omanne
Hi dears,
Since a few time, don't know how much, I get this error when requesting password ou ID.
Erreur
Échec de l'envoi du courriel! Erreur: SMTP connect() failed. github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer/wiki/Troubleshooting

If I switch configuration to PHPMailer the message is sent, but I need to use SMTP for other reasons.
My smtp server is Elasticemail.com using SSL/TLS port 465.
If I try those parameters with Thunderbird it work.
If I just send a test from Joomla configuration page, it work.

So I guess the problem comme from Community Builder, but don't understand where, no mail configuration inside CB.

Any idea to help me ?
Thank's a lot

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 5 months ago #315164 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic SMTP connect() failed
The SMTP connection from Joomla failed. The link provided in the error gives you several solutions to try. See the below configuration example for GMail SMTP.

SMTP Host: smtp.gmail.com
SMTP Port: 465
SMTP Security: SSL/TLS
SMTP Authentication: Yes
SMTP Username: (your gmail username)
SMTP Password: (your gmail password)

Note you can also use the below.

SMTP Port: 587
SMTP Security: STARTTLS

Sometimes you need to append the port to the host like the following.

SMTP Host: smtp.gmail.com:465

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 5 months ago #315170 by Omanne
Replied by Omanne on topic SMTP connect() failed
Thank's for your answer.
I read the page error, but nothing is speaking to me for that problem.
If the Joomla email configuration was wrong, "send a test message" would not work, isn't it ?
Acymailing work perfectly (an send a test), so DNS configuration of hosting provider is working, isn't it ?
I tried 587 STARTTLS, doesn't work more, nore smtp.elasticemail.com:465

Only a request to the identifier ou password doesn't work, so I guess the problem is only in CB.

I have Joomla 3.9.10 and CB 2.4.2. I read somewhere in the forum someone has the same problem, since CB 2.2. But he speak about none secure smtp config. That's why I tried SSL instead of not secured 25, but it is the same.
Regards

4 years 5 months ago #315171 by krileon
CB will not fallback to PHPMailer like Joomla. For CB if SMTP fails it throws the error and stops there. Joomla will fallback. You do not use the above settings; those are example using GMail SMTP. I can not help you with your specific SMTP settings. What settings you need should be provided by your SMTP server. As noted above you can also try appending the port to the host as sometimes that's necessary.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 5 months ago #315172 by Omanne
Replied by Omanne on topic SMTP connect() failed
I tried
SMTP Host: smtp.elasticemail.com also tried smtp.elasticemail.com:465
SMTP Port: 465 also tried 587 and STARTTLS
SMTP Security: SSL/TLS
SMTP Authentication: Yes
SMTP Username: (elasticemail username)
SMTP Password: (elasticemail password)

When I use PHP Mailer I received the mail with "via mail-out.cluster023.hosting.ovh.net " in the from field.

4 years 5 months ago #315187 by krileon
Try the SMTP usage shown in their below documentation.

elasticemail.com/api-documentation/integration-libraries/integrate-acymailing-with-elastic-email

Beyond that it looks like they may require a Joomla extension for sending emails, which isn't going to work with CB and is found below.

elasticemail.com/integrations/elastic-email-sender-joomla

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.285 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn