[SOLVED] CB menu type not existing anymore

6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #295761 by Car0l
Hi,

I encounter a problem with CB on one of our customers website. CB pages are not existing anymore in menu type list meaning I can not create a new menu or even edit an old one (attached screenshot).

I unfortunately don't know when this problem started as we do not edit menu links very often on a running website and frontend CB functions are working correctly (at least those we tried and probably more as no user reported any problem recently).

I have a test version of this website that is showing the same problem and on which the DB control tool found some errors (attached screenshot). I tried the correction function on this test version but that did not solve the problem and since then I even noticed that on the production version the control shows no error at all.

CB version is latest build and Joomla is 3.7.3. We also have other websites running those versions and that do not show the problem so it seems to be specific to this website which is older than the other ones.

Any idea about what could be causing that issue ?
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 8 months ago #295784 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB menu type not existing anymore
That's an old CB 1.x menu item. We attempt to migrate them best we can, but it's not 100% reliable due to how URLs are sometimes structured in Joomlas database. In your case that menu item is to CBs userlist page. Just select the type Community Builder > Userlist for that menu item and save. Correcting any menu items to CB with missing menu type will solve any routing problems.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 8 months ago #295794 by Car0l
Replied by Car0l on topic CB menu type not existing anymore
Thanks for your reply.

Selecting the CB Userlist page again is the first thing I thought about when I saw it but the problem is that CB pages do not exist anymore in the menu type list even if creating a new menu item (attached screenshot).

I also thought about a language problem as I had a similar issue with Joomla menu once on a website that was coming from translation. But in this case all languages are up to date (Joomla and CB) and switching to English did not solve the problem either.

Another idea ?
Attachments:

6 years 8 months ago #295806 by krileon
If the menu types are missing then CB 2.x is not installed correctly. Please install CB 2.x over it self then retry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 8 months ago #295811 by Car0l
Replied by Car0l on topic CB menu type not existing anymore
That's also something I already tried but it did not change anything. To be sure, I tried once again right now (latest build of course). The installation ran correctly and I got the success message but the problem is still there.

Maybe, a deletion that was missed during an old update or something like that ?

If it's in the files deleting all of them and installing again should fix it but I usually do not like doing such things. Would you do it ?

And it can also be a DB problem but in that case the control tool should see it no ?

6 years 8 months ago #295813 by krileon
I've no idea what's causing your issue. The menu types available are based off an extensions views folder structure, which exists in CB 2.x and works perfectly fine. If you migrated from CB 1.x then something went wrong somewhere. You can try uninstalling and reinstalling, but be sure to make a backup first. You should not lose any information as CBs tables are not deleted upon uninstall of CB.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn