No session timeout

6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #301590 by larbut
No session timeout was created by larbut
After upgrading to Joomla 3.8.4 the other day, my visitor-counter and user-lists goes bananas.
It looks like sessions no longer time out and the numbers of users/visitors are just stacking up.

I'm using CB (2.1.3), but I'm not sure if it's a CB bug or a Joomla 3.8.4 bug.I can't find any error reports on this on joomla.org

Any help appreciated!

Thanks,
-Lars

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 2 months ago #301603 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic No session timeout
Ensure you've the latest CB build installed then empty your _sessions database table. See if issue comes back after that. Maybe an incompatibility between session data between versions. I don't really have anything else to suggest as CB does not handle the sessions at all; it's entirely done by Joomla.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 2 months ago #301614 by larbut
Replied by larbut on topic No session timeout
Thank you, I will try this.

6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #301691 by LineMine
Replied by LineMine on topic No session timeout
Hi

Having a similar problem with test users. I've switched to Joomla login and same issue, but its early days so I'm going to be looking at this more today. Could be an upgrade (Joomla 3.8.4) issue?

Thanks

6 years 2 months ago #301692 by larbut
Replied by larbut on topic No session timeout
Yes, it's a Joomla 3.8.4 problem.
There is a typing error in the code causing the sessions to not end.

It's in line 163 in .../libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php
Change from "onAfterResponse" to "onAfterRespond"

Ref : github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/issues/19511

-Lars
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, krileon, LineMine

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds