[SOLVED] CB Logout Still Giving "ERROR: Please login first" Message

3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #321531 by bascherz
This is a topic that was previously discussed 6-12 months ago in one of the professional forums.

cb-logout menu has not redirection option

That discussion claims CB Logout uses the first CB login module it finds to get the redirect paths. However, I have a single CB Login module instance and I have the logout redirect path set to the Guest-visible "Greetings" menu item and the login redirect path to go to the Registered-visible "Home" menu item. I get the error every time I log out using the CB Logout option.

Just letting y'all know it's still a problem. It's not a big deal, just a nuisance.

I am on 2.4.7+build.2020.11.19.14.24.58.59e8c0858

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 4 months ago #321534 by krileon
Have retested just now on a clean install and works perfectly fine in my tests. It pulls the first accessible CB Login Module for its parameters. Is your login module accessible to logged in users? If not it won't be used for its parameters. Be sure you're using a non-SEF URL beginning with index.php for your URL.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 4 months ago #321535 by bascherz
Yessir. Module has Public access (kind of has to). I was using a SEF path, but I changed it as you specified. Here's the link I put in for the logout redirect:
index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2

Still happening.

3 years 4 months ago #321536 by krileon
Is that URL accessible to the public? If not Joomla will redirect away from it. If there's a menu item available for that URL be sure to add &Itemid=MENU_ID to the URL. Be sure you're using CBs logout menu item and not Joomlas. Aside from that I don't know what to tell you as I've retested this on a clean Joomla install with it working fine.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 4 months ago #321537 by bascherz
Yes. Just logged out and pasted the full URL in. Works fine that way. However, doing it that way, none of the module positions are honored and the main page takes up the full browser width.

When I use the CB Logout menu item, I get that error and the CB Login module is in the page content area and the other publicly visible modules are still on the left sidebar.

3 years 4 months ago #321551 by krileon
If you need a redirect URL to point to a menu item you need to be sure to add &Itemid=MENU_ID to the URL or it won't point to that menu item. Example as follows.

index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2&Itemid=123

I've tested this working now on 3 different installs. I've nothing further to suggest and I do not see a bug with this functionality.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn