#5641 Admin cannot save user profile in backend

8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #274370 by Lepicard
I have exactly the same problem for my second to last registered user that www.joomlapolis.com/forum/146-general/231985-cannot-save-profile-in-backend#274324

Users can still to register in the frontend.
But the admin can not record a change of a user profile in the backend: the buttons "save" and "save & close" are inactive when clicked.

For now, when I want to modify a user profile in the backend, I have to go through phpMyAdmin.

Joomla 3.4.5
CB 2.0.12
PHP 5.4.45
MySQLi 5.5.44

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 4 months ago #274385 by nant

Lepicard wrote: I have exactly the same problem for my second to last registered user that www.joomlapolis.com/forum/146-general/231985-cannot-save-profile-in-backend#274324

Users can still to register in the frontend.
But the admin can not record a change of a user profile in the backend: the buttons "save" and "save & close" are inactive when clicked.

For now, when I want to modify a user profile in the backend, I have to go through phpMyAdmin.

Joomla 3.4.5
CB 2.0.12
PHP 5.4.45
MySQLi 5.5.44

If you can replicate on a clean Joomla/CB install without anything else then we will look at this as a potential bug.

Otherwise something else you have installed is causing this to happen on your website.

8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #274446 by Lepicard
Replied by Lepicard on topic Admin cannot save user profile in backend
Much stranger: on my website, as a back-up, I realized that some users profiles can be modified and saved by the admin and others not.

In the back-up, as suggested, I removed all plugins (Kunena, AdsManager, AcyMailing and iCagenda): the same problem is still there.

[REMOVED ACCESS CREDENTIALS !!!!]

A change in the profile of User1 can be saved by admin.
A change in the profile of User2 can not be saved by admin.

8 years 4 months ago #274453 by nant

Lepicard wrote: Much stranger: on my website, as a back-up, I realized that some users profiles can be modified and saved by the admin and others not.

In the back-up, as suggested, I removed all plugins (Kunena, AdsManager, AcyMailing and iCagenda): the same problem is still there.

[REMOVED ACCESS CREDENTIALS !!!!]

A change in the profile of User1 can be saved by admin.
A change in the profile of User2 can not be saved by admin.

I removed the access credentials you posted as anyone could access and hack your site.

Removing things from a site is not the same as a clean install.

If you can replicate this issue on a clean install (I could not) then post steps and we will take a look.

Otherwise it is really an issue with something else you installed that is most likely breaking the javascript on your backend page that is causing this.

8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #274480 by tribalion
Replied by tribalion on topic Admin cannot save user profile in backend
Hi all

I've exactly the same problem with the following configuration :

Joomla 3.4.5
CB 2.0.12

The problem seem to come from javascript with this error message when clicking both on save and save and close:

Erreur : SyntaxError: nothing to repeat
Fichier source : .../components/com_comprofiler/js/jquery/jquery.cbvalidate.min.js?v=25d09c57f11d7714
Ligne : 1

Hope it can help
Eric

8 years 4 months ago #274483 by nant

tribalion wrote: Hi all

I've exactly the same problem with the following configuration :

Joomla 3.4.5
CB 2.0.12

The problem seem to come from javascript with this error message when clicking both on save and save and close:

Erreur : SyntaxError: nothing to repeat
Fichier source : .../components/com_comprofiler/js/jquery/jquery.cbvalidate.min.js?v=25d09c57f11d7714
Ligne : 1

Hope it can help
Eric

See initial response - if you can provide steps to replicate on a clean joomla 3.4.5 / cb 2.0.12 environment (without anything else installed, then it will be treated as a bug.

But I cannot currently replicate this, so it is most likely due to something else installed that is breaking/conflicting the page.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn