#5641 Admin cannot save user profile in backend

8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #274488 by sabroso
Replied by sabroso on topic Admin cannot save user profile in backend
Same problem here!

Joomla 3.4.5
CB 2.0.12

same error message on firebug console

SyntaxError: nothing to repeat

...xOf(i),n=a.slice(1,s),r=a.substr(s+1);a=new RegExp(n,r)}return a.test(e)},"Inval...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #274499 by sabroso
The Javascript error points at this file:
.../components/com_comprofiler/js/jquery/jquery.cbvalidate.min.js

Obviously something is not validating correctly and that is disabling the "save" and "save and close" buttons in the backend.

the strange thing is that users are being able to apply changes to their profiles in the frontend correctly with no validation issues

8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #274513 by Lepicard
Replied by Lepicard on topic Admin cannot save user profile in backend
nant wrote:

I removed the access credentials you posted as anyone could access and hack your site.

Removing things from a site is not the same as a clean install.

If you can replicate this issue on a clean install (I could not) then post steps and we will take a look.

Otherwise it is really an issue with something else you installed that is most likely breaking the javascript on your backend page that is causing this.

I put a link to download a truncated backup of my site, and access codes for this backup (not for my website online...).

Otherwise I do not see how to reproduce the problem on a clean install: I would have totally reparameterized joomla + CB as my site and then recreate users until the problem ???

Also I have not installed new plugins from the launch of my site (September), only a few updates.
By browsing the backend, I find the bug only with the two buttons to save CB profile, and only with some users.

I am not a computer expert, only volunteer webmaster for a small association: Impossible for me to solve a javascript problem.
So now I will use the phpMyAdmin interface to manage my users become unmanageable in the backend of CB (a little over half of them over fifty).

But thank you for trying to help me.

8 years 4 months ago #274843 by sabroso
Hello,

There is defintely a BUG with JavaScript validation when the option “Multiple Words with Spaces” is applied to a field. This is a Community Builder Validation Option.

On CB 2.0.12, if you select this validation option for at least one user field:

A) In the backend it prevents you from editing users and saving changes since it disables the “save” and “save and close” buttons.

B) In the front end it does not prevent the user from registering or editing his profile but it highlights the field as errored in red. To see this clearly, enable a mimum characters length to the field in addition to the “Multiple Words with Spaces” and you will see how even typing more characters than the minimu the field stays errored ( but it does not prevent you from submiting the form and getting the user registered – it is just very confusing for users).

I hope Joomlapolis team acknowledges the BUG and provides a solution ASAP since we really need a working validation

Thanks

8 years 4 months ago #274850 by nant

sabroso wrote: Hello,

There is defintely a BUG with JavaScript validation when the option “Multiple Words with Spaces” is applied to a field. This is a Community Builder Validation Option.

On CB 2.0.12, if you select this validation option for at least one user field:

A) In the backend it prevents you from editing users and saving changes since it disables the “save” and “save and close” buttons.

B) In the front end it does not prevent the user from registering or editing his profile but it highlights the field as errored in red. To see this clearly, enable a mimum characters length to the field in addition to the “Multiple Words with Spaces” and you will see how even typing more characters than the minimu the field stays errored ( but it does not prevent you from submiting the form and getting the user registered – it is just very confusing for users).

I hope Joomlapolis team acknowledges the BUG and provides a solution ASAP since we really need a working validation

Thanks

was able to replicate.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5641

thanks for debugging and reporting

8 years 3 months ago #276360 by 8me
I have the same bug, and i didn't understand the end of the topic,

"was able to replicate.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5641

thanks for debugging and reporting"

so it's true bug..
and in forge you said : "Statut changé de Assigned à Resolved [...] Fixed in MR !996"
What ? did i have something to do ? I wait the next update of CB ?
Maybe I miss something, but you never finish here the storry ..

Thanks in advance

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn