[SOLVED] Captcha/Recaptcha is blank in registration form

5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #309984 by lornevs
This has been an on-going problem for some time. If I use the standard Google Recaptcha (version2) it works fine on the Contact form but on the Registration form there is a label, but no image so, obviously, potential registrants cannot complete the process. I tried using The New Recaptcha (the No I am not a robot checkbox), again it works perfectly in the Contact form but does not appear in the Registration form even though I have set it as the default. In this case users are allowed to register.

I have an old CB Captcha plug-in but it is labeled as not compatible with my current CB version. Does this mean I cannot use a Recaptcha for registration unless I renew my membership? That's a lot of money for one plug-in.

I am using Joomla! 3.9.2 and Community Builder 2.4.0. My site is at www.vibrations.ca but for obvious reasons, registration is disabled. Any insights would be appreciated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 2 months ago #310029 by krileon
You'll need CB AntiSpam for captcha. The old CB Captcha plugin has been deprecated since CB 2.x released.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 2 months ago #310033 by lornevs
Thanks Kyle - I do have an older version of it - 1.2.2 - but when I enable it I get the same issue, the Captcha label is there but no image. Unfortunately I don't appear to be able to get a newer version without paying hundreds of dollars to renew my membership. I don't begrudge the money if I'm using the service enough but my site is a hobby site, it does not generate any income at this time so I have a hard time justifying that much expense.

5 years 2 months ago #310069 by krileon
CB AntiSpam 1.2.2 is far too old. It is not compatible with CB 2.x. You do not need to spend hundreds of dollars as each add-on can be individually purchased as needed from the add-ons page below. CB AntiSpam individual purchase is $15 for 6 months of support and updates (for that add-on only).

www.joomlapolis.com/addons

A 3 month professional subscription is also $99 and provides everything except CBSubs and CB Package Builder.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lornevs

5 years 2 months ago #310085 by lornevs
Thank you again Kyle, I will do that. I guess when I clicked Buy it takes me to the page that will renew what I had before, this is a much better option.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

5 years 2 months ago #310110 by lornevs
OK sorry but I still need some help on this. I bought CB AntiSpam Bot and downloaded the free CB AntiSpam plugin, enabled everything but still get the same result. The Global configuration is set to CAPTCHA-RECAPTCHA.
What am I doing wrong?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn