[SOLVED] Users can't change profile image

4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #314469 by HHZV_Plons
[SOLVED] Users can't change profile image was created by HHZV_Plons
When users try to change their profile picture a page with the following error message is shown:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access this resource.

The folder with images is writeable and from the backend it's possible to change the image. Can somebody help me with this problem?
I've found several similar questions on this forums but the answers don't help me.

I use Joomla 3.9.12 and Community Builder 2.4.2

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 6 months ago #314477 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Users can't change profile image
That's a server error. It could be mod_security rejecting the form post for some reason. Contact your host or try reviewing your server error log for any fatal errors.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 6 months ago #314480 by HHZV_Plons
Replied by HHZV_Plons on topic Users can't change profile image
The error log doesn't give a clear clue to me. How do I check the mod_security? And what do I need to ask my host specifically?

File Attachment:

File Name: Errorlog27...9-27.txt
File Size:3 KB
Attachments:

4 years 6 months ago #314481 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Users can't change profile image
Those are just warnings and shouldn't impact image upload. As for what to ask your host you'll need to ask them if mod_security is enabled and provide a timestamp for when you tested image upload and explain what's happening when you attempt to upload an image.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

4 years 3 months ago #315523 by peterstorbeck
Replied by peterstorbeck on topic Users can't change profile image
I'd just like to confirm that disabling mod-Security resolved this issue for me. Might help others.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn