User List with Group fields report

4 years 6 months ago #314878 by aptol
User List with Group fields report was created by aptol
i like to run a report on a group field and associated members. The group is as follows: Group = Committee subgroups: a, b, c etc
The report needs to show
Group - subgroup - member details
for each group.

Group/subgroup can be assigned to one or more members and a member can have one or more groups.

I have selected this via the group, however the owning group is not part of the sort. How can i achieve this with list functionality?

You idea are most welcome.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 6 months ago #314892 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic User List with Group fields report
I've no idea what a group field is. You mean a select field? You can use Basic or Advanced filters on your userlist to filter the userlist down to whatever you like with Advanced allowing you to directly add to the WHERE statement of the query. Alternatively you can make the field searchable within CB > Field Management then ensure your userlist is either displaying it or is set to display that field as a searchable field so you can filter the userlist freely on that field by searching.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 6 months ago #314905 by aptol
Replied by aptol on topic User List with Group fields report
The field is defined as multi-select drop down.
The first one is defined as group (value = 1 in table for that field)
sub items for group are underneath (ordered) with value 0
Comprofiler table has the sub item field as text, multiple assigned sub items are delimited by |*|

So the list needs to show Group, Subitem, Users with the a match on sub item.

Hope this makes it clearer and thanks for your time and attention!

4 years 6 months ago #314908 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic User List with Group fields report
Groups don't display on profile or userlist. They're just HTML select optgroups. They're only used during edit of a field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn