New placeholder variable for email confirmation link in email, was [CONFIRM]?

4 years 5 months ago #315188 by benvoth
We are using a language override for the key YOUR_REGISTRATION_IS_PENDING_APPROVAL_MESSAGE. It had been working well for a long time, and it partially still works, but the [CONFIRM] placeholder variable doesn't seem to work anymore. Here is the override text:

Hello [NAME],
Confirm your email address: [CONFIRM]
Your details: [DETAILS]

The two placeholder variables [NAME] and [DETAILS] both continue to work just fine but [CONFIRM] just shows nothing, it's blank.

Any ideas why this would happen?

Thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 5 months ago #315199 by krileon
Do you have email confirmation enabled within CB > Configuration > Registration? It only works if email confirmation is enabled and the user isn't confirmed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 5 months ago #315284 by benvoth
Thank you for the quick follow up! I do not have email confirmation enabled, no, as we don't want to use it right now.

I was actually surprised the user received this email in the first place as I couldn't replicate getting this email during my test sign up. We don't use the Community Builder registration form, we use another extension that creates user accounts because the site requires payment to register.

Do you know how the user could receive this email?

Thank you.

4 years 5 months ago #315286 by krileon

Thank you for the quick follow up! I do not have email confirmation enabled, no, as we don't want to use it right now.

Then you can't use the [CONFIRM] substitution in the email.

I was actually surprised the user received this email in the first place as I couldn't replicate getting this email during my test sign up. We don't use the Community Builder registration form, we use another extension that creates user accounts because the site requires payment to register.

Do you know how the user could receive this email?

We do not support 3rd party registrations so I've no idea what to tell you. Users that don't exist in CB are seen as unconfirmed so on first login attempt it may cause all kinds of issues.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn