[SOLVED] CB Approval Workflow - Recall Reject Comment for later use

3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #317760 by garethsarge
Hello I am a previously subscribed member.

Using CB version 2.4.1
Joomla version, 3.9.16

I use most of the additional CB plugins including Auto Action for my website

I already use [reason] substitution in the Language Override for UE_USERREJECT_MSG to list the "reject comments" in an email to a rejected member but I would like to know if it is possible to add a comment in the reject comment box during the CB Approval Workflow that can be re-called later on for information specifically for an approved member as an e.g. "registration notes" which could be listed at the next stage of my custom member approval process after the CB Approval Workflow has been completed.

I have created a spear field called cb_registration_notes and hoping I can perform an auto action to pull the comments from [reason] into this filed after application approval process but I don't believe CB Auto Actions recognises [reason] as a substitution.I also tried [post_comment[var1_id]] based of of a segestion on another forum post but this too has not worked.

Any advice on how to achieve the above would be greatly appreciated.

Keep up the great work Community Builder is a great addon so thanks for all the hard work and support.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 11 months ago #317775 by krileon
Your [post_comment[var1_id]] usage won't work because that's a raw substitution inside a raw substitution. There's a special substitution for grabbing the auto action user id that is purposely ran prematurely. That substitution specifically is [action_user]. This can be used inline anywhere and should work fine for your purposes. So you'd use the below instead.

[post_comment[action_user]]

This assumes you've a version of CB Auto Actions where this was implemented. If you do you should see a note about it in the description of the User parameter.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: garethsarge

3 years 11 months ago #317787 by garethsarge
Thanks Krileon that worked perfectly see below:

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn