Usergroup specific Fields

3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #318149 by Backstein
Usergroup specific Fields was created by Backstein
Hey there CB-community,

I'm Julien. Im new here.
I'm not very familiar with programming. My last website was about 10 years ago and many things have changed. But these days I have no other choice than getting into it again because I'm in charge of a project which needs a website.

- My website is mainly created for users divided in -2- usergroups.
For example let's say there's the group FURNITURE and the group ANIMALS.
- Depending on the usergroup there is different information I want to show up in the profile. For example:
for FURNITURE users: which material are you made of? (wood/metal/plastic/other)
for ANIMALS users: which domain do you mainly evolve in? (water/air/land/space)
- So I want for each group only the relevant fields to show up in the profile. Anyhow, the information should still be visible for all users.
For example: only on FURNITURE profiles you can see what material they're made of, but ANIMAL users can see this information on a FURNITURE profile too.

As far as I've seen, there's no direct functionality to provide this. But is there a workaround maybe?

I'd like to work with CB, but maybe it's even easier in the basic Joomla user-management. I'm open to switch back again. In this case - as it's a CB forum - just send me a PN and let's leave this topic clear of off-topic info.

Thank everyone for even reading this :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 10 months ago #318170 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Usergroup specific Fields
You would need CB Conditional for that. It lets you show/hide tabs/fields based off the values of other fields and other conditions (even usergroup). You'd then have a Select field to set the type of profile and then condition your other fields to show or hide based off the value of your profile type field. You can find more information about CB Conditional below.

www.joomlapolis.com/addons/cb-conditional

You can also demo it directly on our demo site below. Note you need to be logged in first so click "User" under the "Login As" menu on the left.

demo.cbdemosites.com/demos/cb-conditional

You'll then be on the profile edit page and its Demo tab which contains multiple plugin demos. Scroll to "CB Conditional" header to check out how it shows and hides things based off the values of other fields.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Backstein

3 years 4 months ago #321214 by Backstein
Replied by Backstein on topic Usergroup specific Fields
Thanks Kyle!

I only need this distinction in one very specific case.

Is there a possibility to manually set it up via the layout parameters using some sort of if/then code?

Greetings

3 years 4 months ago #321224 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Usergroup specific Fields
You can try using substitutions. See the below tutorial for substitution usage information.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Backstein

3 years 4 months ago #321228 by Backstein
Replied by Backstein on topic Usergroup specific Fields
Works!

Many thanks.

Please close.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn