How to link to articles, or...

3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #319121 by Ake2017
How to link to articles, or... was created by Ake2017
Setting: Latest Joomla + CB

Background. I am migrating from a site where hundreds of HTML pages are hierarchially linked together.
A root page describes the information categories, and links to the respective branch pages.
The branch pages in turn describes the various leaf pages. And again links to them in-text.

In Joomla I have not found a way to conveniently link from one article to another HTML-page/article.

Q1: Did I just look in the wrong place? If so, Please redirect me.

Q2: Or is my approach non-Joomlish? If so, how should i help visitors to navigate the pages the Joomla way?

(The problem I see with a menu tree is that it would not allow for a few descriptive sentences to guide the user to the best page. As I have it today each paragraph in the list describes the item, and then provides a link to it. Followed by the next item, etcetera)

Kind regards /Ake

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 10 months ago #319148 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic How to link to articles, or...
I'm not sure what this has to do with CB. We provide support for CB here. We do not provide general Joomla support. Suggest posting your question on the Joomla forums below.

forum.joomla.org/

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn