Query Drop Down (Single-Select) Field - Selected Value Not Saving In Profile

3 years 4 months ago #321383 by bascherz
Field is not read-only. Query works fine (list of choices is correct). However, upon Update the selection is not saved into the profile. Why?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 4 months ago #321387 by bascherz
As I've had to do with other similar cases in the past where a field doesn't behave as it should, I deleted this one and started over defining it from scratch. I copied the query and re-created the field and it worked fine. This should probably be investigated.

3 years 4 months ago #321402 by krileon

Field is not read-only. Query works fine (list of choices is correct). However, upon Update the selection is not saved into the profile. Why?

Please understand we can not provide support for paid products without an active subscription. If you need help in the future with paid products you will need to subscribe.

As I've had to do with other similar cases in the past where a field doesn't behave as it should, I deleted this one and started over defining it from scratch. I copied the query and re-created the field and it worked fine. This should probably be investigated.

That can happen if you change a fields type. This causes it to have to restructure its databased stored data to the new type. This doesn't always go smoothly. Running the "Check Community Builder User Fields Database with strict column types" tool in CB > Tools should catch these issues.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.411 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn