Set expiration to the account creation

3 years 3 months ago #322096 by huguesmarcil
Set expiration to the account creation was created by huguesmarcil
Hello,

I would like to set a time limit to the account activation link I send automatically to users after they get registered.
Another thing I would like to do, but I do not know if this is possible : to delete automatically from database all accounts not activated since 7 days.
Thank you!

Hugues Marcil

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 3 months ago #322141 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Set expiration to the account creation

I would like to set a time limit to the account activation link I send automatically to users after they get registered.

There's no functionality for that.

Another thing I would like to do, but I do not know if this is possible : to delete automatically from database all accounts not activated since 7 days.

You'd need CB Auto Actions for that, but I am strongly against automating deletion of users as one mistake and you've wiped your entire database of users. It's better to just do this manually every now and again or not at all. You can filter users in CB > Users Management using Search Tools to help with this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 3 months ago #322179 by huguesmarcil
Replied by huguesmarcil on topic Set expiration to the account creation
Hello Krileon and thank you for your answer!
Too bad for the time limit.

How can we install CB Auto Actions? Is it limited in time?
We have a pre-production environment where we can test user deletion without risks.
What should we particularly look at when going from pre-production to production site?

Otherwise, what would you recommend if you had, like us, hundreds of subscribers not confirming their emails everyday (spammers obviously)?

Thank you in advance,
Hugues Marcil

3 years 3 months ago #322191 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Set expiration to the account creation

How can we install CB Auto Actions?

You will first need to subscribe before you can download it as it is a paid add-on.

Is it limited in time?

Once downloaded you can install it as many time as you like on as many sites as you like for however long you like. You however will no longer receive updates or support for it if your subscription expires.

What should we particularly look at when going from pre-production to production site?

Not sure what you mean. Automating deletion of users is highly dangerous in a production environment as again 1 mistake and your entire database of users is gone. I just flat out don't recommend doing this.

Otherwise, what would you recommend if you had, like us, hundreds of subscribers not confirming their emails everyday (spammers obviously)?

Stop the spammers from ever finishing registration to begin with. You can block a lot of spam by simply using CB AntiSpam and one of its built in Captcha solutions. Your alternative is filter CB > User Management every now and again and delete them if you feel necessary to do so. It will be unlikely you will get 100's per day though.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 3 months ago #322257 by huguesmarcil
Replied by huguesmarcil on topic Set expiration to the account creation
Thank you for your help!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn