[SOLVED] Inherit template

3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #322113 by Backstein
[SOLVED] Inherit template was created by Backstein
Is it possible not to fall back to the template defined as default in Joomla but to inherit the current template whenever a CB link is selected?

in the Configuration / User Profile options I can only select 'default' but I'm not even sure if this refers to the pages template or the display options of CB.

Thanks and best regards

B

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 3 months ago #322143 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Inherit template
CBs template has nothing to do with Joomlas. You cannot turn off CBs template. You can turn off CBs Bootstrap 4 CSS if your Joomla template already provides Bootstrap 4 under the Integrations tab in CB > Configuration. Do not turn off CBs Bootstrap CSS if you do not have another means of providing Bootstrap 4 as CB will the lose its styling.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 3 months ago #322149 by Backstein
Replied by Backstein on topic Inherit template
I'm honest: I can't follow you.

The point is: I've got a bilingual website with two designs, one related to each language. (French and German, German as default). Only registred members can access and they choose their default language.
This generally works for all Joomla-content (every menu item exists once for each language and picks the template for the respective language).
But when you use a CB-funcitonnality, it falls back to the default template, so it's the wrong one for the french users.

I hope to have been clear.
Thanks again

B

3 years 3 months ago #322153 by krileon
Sorry, misunderstood what you were asking. CB has no control over your Joomla template. Joomla template assignment is done on a menu by menu basis. My guess is you don't have a Joomla menu item to CBs profile page for each language, which you'd then assign to your respective templates.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 2 months ago #322203 by Backstein
Replied by Backstein on topic Inherit template
Exactly, that's the problem.

Because a user clicks for example on a name in the userlist and - of course - the userlist itself has the correct template, but once he's forwarded to the profile itself, it falls back to default. Understandable?

3 years 2 months ago #322210 by krileon
Create a Joomla menu item for each language to CBs profile page. That's all you need to do. If you have for example English and French you'd have 2 menu items and each would be assigned a language. You either don't have a menu item for each language or you've a menu item to CBs profile page set to All Languages, which it will use if it exists.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.633 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn