[SOLVED] Inherit template

3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #322219 by Backstein
Replied by Backstein on topic Inherit template
I'll try to explain the situation, if this doesn't work you can get access if you want, just to take a look.
I'll use the following symbology:
  • Abcde = Page or Menu
  • {xx/yy} = language configured/displayed
  • (XX/YY) = template configured/displayed
  • └ = click on a submenu or link
  • <......> = remarks
  • zzz = undesired behavior

<Default language/template: de/DE>
Hauptseite {de/de}(DE/DE) < Main page in german >
└Kameraden {de/de}(DE/DE) < Userlist in german >
└John Smith {--*/de}(--*/DE) <any userprofile chosen>
Page principale {fr/fr}(FR/FR) < Main page in french>
└Camarades {fr/fr}(FR/FR) < Userlist in french >
└John Smith {--*/fr}(--*/DE) <any userprofile chosen, will fallback to the default template, at least thats how I understand what's happening>
*<The profile pages loaded when opening a profile from the userlist are not configured manually, of course, so I don't know how I should create double menu items for them>
<For the bilingual functionnality, of course the following pages are linked: Hauptseite-Page principale, Kameraden-camarades, and also the respective "my profile" pages>

Hoping the best.
Well, hoping that wasn't in vain.

B

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 3 months ago #322235 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Inherit template
We do not have control over what Joomla template loads. That is 100% entirely based off your Joomla menu assignment. If you're seeing the wrong template then check the Itemid in the URL (turn off SEO during testing so you can see the Itemid), find the menu item associated with that ID, and check your template assignment.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #322384 by Backstein
Replied by Backstein on topic Inherit template
Okay, I managed to identify the item ID. The menu item is the "Profiles" entry (Alias: cb-profile).
The template associated was the default.

- I cloned the item to create one for each language (e.g. cb-profile-de and cb-profile-fr)
- I unpublished the default one
- I linked the two language versions
- I associated the respective templates
- Did the same for the cb-profile-edit (etc.)

Works

<can be closed>

B

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.254 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn