I have disabled registration, yet a .ru person did register

3 years 4 weeks ago #323896 by Ake2017
On CB settings I have set "Allow user registration" to "Same as CMS, and
And on the Joomla settings I have set "User option"->"Allow user registration" to "NO".
I trust that that should suffice.

Yet a .ru user did manage to register. How did that happen?
Can you still register if you know how??
(meaning that the "Not allowing user registration" just means that the user registration link is never shown,
but the link is still working if you know how to invoke it, or ??)

Since admin approval is still required there is no harm done, it is just annoying.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 3 weeks ago #323924 by krileon
That will disable Joomla and CB registration, yes, but if you've any other extensions with their own registration flows then it's possible they registered that way. Try to navigate to the below pages. They should all be inaccessible giving a not authorized error.

Joomla:
index.php?option=com_users&view=registration
index.php?option=com_users&view=registration.register
CB:
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=registers
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=saveregisters

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 3 weeks ago #323948 by Ake2017
Thank you.
The first three behaved as expected (and wanted).
The fourth example told me that my session cookie had expired.
So maybe if I can fix myself a valid session cookie...??

3 years 3 weeks ago #323975 by krileon

The fourth example told me that my session cookie had expired.
So maybe if I can fix myself a valid session cookie...??

That's working as expected. It's a form POST endpoint so if the CSRF token is missing it will output that. Looks like your registration is safely off. Do you have any other extensions installed that might have registrations?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.653 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn