New user registration email

2 years 11 months ago #324694 by flappleton
New user registration email was created by flappleton
How do I change the email address that the new user registration email is copied to? The CB registration configuration page only has the "from" email address.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 11 months ago #324702 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic New user registration email
Moderator emails are sent to users with moderator permissions. It sends to whatever email address is set within their account. So to change what email address your moderator emails are sent to you will need to edit your user in CB > User Management and change the email field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 11 months ago #324705 by flappleton
Replied by flappleton on topic New user registration email
Thanks but I don't think I"m talking about moderator emails. I'm talking about the automatic email that is sent to the administrator when a new user signs up. I am using Community Builder for user management but there is nothing in CB configuration for this so I am assuming it is a Joomla system emaiI.
I understand this is sent to whatever the admin email address but how do I edit the content of this email?

2 years 11 months ago #324706 by krileon
That email is a moderator email. It's sent to your user because your user is a moderator and is configured to receive moderator emails. To change the email address that they're sent to you need to change the email address of your users. As for editing the contents of the email use language overrides as shown below as it's a language string.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18701-language-overrides-have-arrived

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 11 months ago #324707 by flappleton
Replied by flappleton on topic New user registration email
Ok, and how do I find the language string I'm looking for? I've tried searching for text in the email using "value" but I don't get the correct email.

2 years 11 months ago #324708 by krileon
Use the language searching feature directly next to the language overrides. Just search for part of the email (e.g. new user).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.261 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn