Blog owner can only see own blog-entries

2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #326196 by superflybike
Blog owner can only see own blog-entries was created by superflybike
Hello from Germany,
I would like to allow the member of our non profit organization to own a blog and present it to the other member. I have used
Menu-type Plugin
Plugin Blogs
Function Show Blog
which results in the following link: (see attachment)
But each user can only see his own blog.
How to configure, that user can see all blogs?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 7 months ago #326198 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Blog owner can only see own blog-entries
There isn't a frontend view for browsing blogs. They're browsed exclusively from profile. This only applies if you're using the Internal model though. If set to Joomla it'll store the blogs to Joomla content component so you can use Joomla content component views to browser blogs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: superflybike

2 years 7 months ago #326199 by superflybike
Replied by superflybike on topic Blog owner can only see own blog-entries
" If set to Joomla it'll store the blogs to Joomla content component so you can use Joomla content component views to browser blogs. "
Is there any explanation available, how to do it? (I am new with joomla)
Thanks in advance.

2 years 7 months ago #326218 by krileon
Edit CB Blogs in CB > Plugin Management. You can adjust the model used for blog storage under the Parameters tab. Note existing internal blog entries will not migrate over when changing this setting. You should have a blog category structure setup in Joomla content component as well to hold your blogs then select that blog category as the top level category in CB Blogs parameters. Example structure as follows.

Blogs
- Movies
- Games
- Sports

With the above you'd set "Category" to "Blogs" in CB Blogs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 7 months ago #326219 by superflybike
Replied by superflybike on topic Blog owner can only see own blog-entries
Thanks a lot.

I have Categories see pic 4

I changed the Blogs-Plugin
- Blogs - Joomla - see pic 1
- Preset - Categories: Jedermann-Blog see pic 2

I have configured a Menu link type plugin, plugin blogs, show Blog see pic 3 (only for registered user)

But when clicking on the button on the front page, error-page 404 pops-up.

Thanks for any help.
Attachments:

2 years 7 months ago #326220 by krileon
Don't create menu links to CB Blogs when using Joomla as the storage model. Instead use Joomla content menu links and Joomla will entirely handle the display since blog posts will just be stored as Joomla articles.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn