[#3244] Groupjive 2.5 E-mail Notifications Not Working?

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #190395 by krileon
Does the new user joining group notification function for an "Open" group? (not the approval one)

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #190403 by scottie33t
Okay, this is weird. New user e-mails are being received by e-mail for the "open" groups, however they aren't working for those groups that actually require an approval to join. I just reconfirmed this feature isn't working for any group that requires approval to join. Open groups e-mails are working fine however.

What could cause the group owner to receive open group e-mail notifications, but not receive e-mails for those groups that actually require an approval?

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #190447 by krileon

Okay, this is weird. New user e-mails are being received by e-mail for the "open" groups, however they aren't working for those groups that actually require an approval to join. I just reconfirmed this feature isn't working for any group that requires approval to join. Open groups e-mails are working fine however.

Even new user notifications (not the approval notification) don't work for approval groups?

What could cause the group owner to receive open group e-mail notifications, but not receive e-mails for those groups that actually require an approval?

It could be a permissions issue. Will take a look and perform some testing.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3244

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #190462 by scottie33t
Hi, I approved the pending join requests, however no new user e-mail was received for this action either. It seems all e-mails for those groups that require approval aren't working.

12 years 2 months ago #190542 by scottie33t
Hey Kyle, I just saw in the forge area that this issue was updated to resolved a few hours ago. Does that mean a fix was found? Is this something that I can possibly implement soon by chance?

12 years 2 months ago #190590 by krileon
There's a permissions issue with the notification data API usage. It's fixed for next release. I'm hoping for an RC2 before end of this week (by end of day tomorrow), but we'll see.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: jojo12

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn