[#3665] CB Conditional - View/Edit - 1/2 Ways

11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #208543 by nicophp
Have a TAB configuration:
If Field xxxxx > Equal to Value: yyyyyy > Hide tab (Enabled for Registration/Edit/View)

When 2 Way selected (and Value: yyyyyy):
Is Hidden in View mode
But isn't Hidden in Edit mode

When 1 Way selected (and Value: yyyyyy):
All is Ok, Hidden in View and Edit mode

Was just the opposite with CB conditional 1.8.5:
When 2 Way selected (and Value: yyyyyy):
Is Hidden in Edit mode
But isn't Hidden in View mode

Am I miss-configuring something?

Joomla 2.5.6
CB 1.8.1
CB conditional 1.8.6

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 7 months ago #208571 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Conditional - View/Edit - 1/2 Ways
Was able to confirm it's reversing in profile edit for some strange reason.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3665

2 way means if the value matches it'll do as configured, but if the value doesn't match it'll do the opposite. 1 way means if the value matches it'll do as configured, but if the value doesn't it'll do nothing.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nicophp

11 years 7 months ago #208627 by nicophp
Replied by nicophp on topic Re: CB Conditional - View/Edit - 1/2 Ways
Thanks. I'm addicted to that plugin, which gives endless possibilities to develop professional applications and 1 or 2 ways have no more secrets for me.

I was just mentioning the fact that set in 1 way was OK to help you identify the problem. By the way, using 1 way let it act as 2 ways (in version 1.8.6). Don't know how?

Now have seen that you already published the 1.8.7 and will give it a test.

Thanks for all.

11 years 7 months ago #208668 by nicophp
Have tried v1.8.7 and seems ok. The old false 1 way is now the real 2 ways + view and edit are the same.

What would be nice is to have an option to switch all fields as Not Required when the tab is hidden. Otherwise the user can meet problems of error messages when saving a configuration with required fields in a hidden tab.
Now, to do that, I have to go to the field which value is hiding the tab and put conditions to switch to not required all the field of that tab (for the value which is hiding the tab).

11 years 7 months ago #208736 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Conditional - View/Edit - 1/2 Ways
It should already switch off the required flag for hidden fields. What fieldtypes specifically are causing a problem?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 7 months ago #208790 by nicophp
Date field (which is even closing the 1st tab, leaving only the tab title. But clicking on the tab title, tab it's again displayed), button field and maybe more?

Is it normal that in 'profile view' the CB Core Fields Ajax is not acting dynamically. It changes perfectly the value of the field but is not hiding the tab depending of the new value of the field?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn