[SOLVED] Searching users in Joomla

11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #209538 by AnjaOlst
[SOLVED] Searching users in Joomla was created by AnjaOlst
Hello, I downloaded the cbsearchbot plugin but it doesn't seem to work. I have published it, but when I search on names which are included in the userlists, they don't pop up.
What am I missing?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 6 months ago #209558 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Searching users in Joomla
Joomla version? CB version? Once installed and enabled it is set by default to search username, name fields, and email fields (edit the plugin to select additional fields). You need to search using Joomlas normal search module. It does not work with smart search.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #209565 by AnjaOlst
Replied by AnjaOlst on topic Re: Searching users in Joomla
And that is the answer, I have installed Joomlas smart search. That is a pity, because I really like that.
I have cb 1.8 and joomla 2.5

11 years 6 months ago #209572 by AnjaOlst
Now I depublished smart search, but still can't search on names?

11 years 6 months ago #209578 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Searching users in Joomla
You need to use normal Joomla search module. You can't use the smart search module. Joomla > Extensions > Module Manager > New > "Search".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 6 months ago #209712 by AnjaOlst
I tried it for days, but can't get it working. I depublished the smart search and installed the module search, like you said (Joomla > Extensions > Module Manager > New > "Zoeken4") but it still doesn't work, I can't search for users.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn