[#3898] CB search plug-in does not respect privacy

11 years 2 months ago #219961 by aalisg
Hello and thank you for your reply.

Do you mean the drop-down list with Allow search on private fields and Exclude private users as choices ? Do you mean that if I choose the "Allow search on private users" the plug-in will now respect privacy when searching through the Joomla search module ?

Regards

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 2 months ago #219965 by krileon
CB Privacy has no relation to Joomla search, the privacy settings are for Userlist searching. You need to edit the fields that you allow users to set privacy for and adjust the parameter "User search on this field:" as needed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 2 months ago #219975 by aalisg
Thank you for your reply,

I am going to start back from the beginning because I am not sure you understand what I ask for or I do not understand your replies, or even both.

I have installed the Joomla! search module. I have installed also the CB Joomla! search plugin for the Joomla! search module. It is said on your website that this plugin respects privacy (Use Joomla 2.5 search function to find CB user profiles based on CB field data of profiles. CB Privacy settings respected during searching.).

I am going to take an example. Le's say that a user, John Smith, has registered and filled in the company field with the "Google" value. This field can be searched through CB user search list. If someone makes a CB user list search by filling in the company field with the "Google" value the will find John Smth which is perfect, for the moment. My problem is that if someone makes a search by filling in the CB Joomla! search module with the "google" value he will find Jonh Smith. So, my guess is that lugin does not respect the privacy a user has set for his field. Or, maybe I am not doing the good configuration.

When you say "You need to edit the fields that you allow users to set privacy for and adjust the parameter "User search on this field:" as needed." I just do not get what you mean. Is "as needed" a value ? If yes I do not have it. I only have "Allow search on private fields" and "Exclude private users" for values. In both cases the Cb Joomla! search plugin does not respect privacy.

Regards

11 years 2 months ago #220026 by krileon
Ensure your field has "User search on this field:" set to "Exclude private users". Now ensure the field for that user is set to for example Invisible on profile. Now logout and search "Google" and see if you find the user, you should not be able to. If it does that'd be a bug.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 2 months ago #220084 by aalisg
Well it does so there is a bug. Do you want me to provide you website URL and credentials in order for you to check by yourself ?

Regards

11 years 2 months ago #220097 by krileon
Have confirmed your issue as a bug and have created the below bug ticket for further investigation and fixing for next release.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3898

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.547 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn