[SOLVED] Problem with consecutive conditions

11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 week ago #223645 by artpol
Hi
i try to set up a multi step form that works like the following usecase (i use the lables so it is getting a little bit more obvious what happens):

• User selects one of two radiobuttons _typeofmembership (fullmember / testmember) that both should show up the next group of 3 radiobuttons called _whoisthepartner if a user clicks one of the two options. (field condition others -> empty -> Hide _whoisthepartner)

• In this next group of 3 radiobuttons _whoispartner the user can select option (me / others / me-and-others). This group should show next one of two fields based on the decicion the user makes (_notme / _meandothers.
    (no condition on this group)

• the field _meandothers has the conditio:n field condition self -> field: _whoispartner -> equal to -> me-and-others -> mode: show -> registration enabaled -> direction two-way.

• the field _notme has the conditio:n field condition self -> field: _whoispartner -> equal to -> others -> mode: show -> registration enabaled -> direction two-way.

Now what works:
Descicion in the first radioset shows up the second field.
But any descicion in the second set of radiobuttons does not show up one of the desired fields.

If i remove the first set of the two radiobuttons so that only the 3 buttons are always visible then teh fields show up based on the descition of the user. As is didn´t changed anything within the condition related to the second group and the fields i think that this works well. but if i have all 3 elements the fields never show up.

hope you can direct me on the right path.
thanks
carsten

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 4 weeks ago - 11 years 4 weeks ago #223703 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Problem with consecutive conditions
So your two fields with conditional self are not showing or hiding? Have you tried using 2-3 Conditional Others on your 3 radio buttons field instead? or adding the conditional others to the fields that's supposed to be showing the ones with conditional self?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 4 weeks ago #223707 by artpol
Replied by artpol on topic Problem with consecutive conditions
Yes they dont show up.
and
Yes i did try the other way round that the first element stears the second but that also produced the same behaviour.

11 years 4 weeks ago #223720 by krileon
Strange, please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look. Please provide in PM the exact fields involved so I can test the current usage and see if something maybe configured wrong or possible bug.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 4 weeks ago #223732 by artpol
Replied by artpol on topic Problem with consecutive conditions
Ok i have sent you a pm with all requested data. let me know if i can do anything else!
carsten

11 years 4 weeks ago - 11 years 4 weeks ago #223740 by krileon
Have reviewed your install and it's due to the value reset parameter within Configuration. I've disabled it for now and appears to have resolved the issue. It should not be doing this on edit display as it's causing the inputs value to null out so nothing for that field will save or condition against it as all the radius values were empty. I've created the below bug ticket to if immediately for next release.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3941

Please also confirm if is working fine now that the parameter is disabled.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.263 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn