[SOLVED] Problem with consecutive conditions

11 years 1 week ago - 11 years 1 week ago #224808 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Problem with consecutive conditions
Was able to duplicate the issue. Will fix for next release. At this time not sure what's causing it exactly, but pretty much guaranteed an issue in the JS.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3964

Note there is a high chance this is working as intended. Conditionals do not recursive backwards as it's massively too performance heavy.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 1 week ago #224809 by krileon
Ok, was able to fix the issue. Please test as have installed next release on your site for you already. You may need to refresh your browser a few times to clear out cache.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 1 week ago #224860 by artpol
Replied by artpol on topic Problem with consecutive conditions
Thanks for the fix,
THe first thing works well (reaction of field on the first tab based on the selction of the radio button and the reset if the user changes the radio button. So this is ok.

But the second part that i have described still does not work. So the fields on the second tab (cb_guertelgradtkd, cb_guertelgradtmj and cb_sizeofcloth) still behave incorrect even they are configured in the same way (see my last description for the detailed missbehaviour description.
Any chance to get that also fixed or is it due i did not configure the fields in a propper way?

But at this time another warm thank you!
carsten

11 years 1 week ago #224904 by krileon
That's a configuration issue. When you have multiple conditionals on a field it always checks the first condition, then the second condition, then the 3rd, etc.. So if conditional 1 matches and shows the field, but conditional 2 fails and hides the field then the field will be hidden.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

11 years 1 week ago #224906 by artpol
Replied by artpol on topic Problem with consecutive conditions
so from my understanding this means that if i set up a condition like "does contain" - then hide would cover my needs?

11 years 1 week ago #224928 by krileon
I don't know, it depends on what your needs are. The Contains operators are best used with multi-select inputs as Equal To won't work with multi-select (equal to is literal). You need to be careful with controlling a field or a tab with multiple conditions though as they will fight for control.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.889 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn