[SOLVED] Problem with consecutive conditions

11 years 3 weeks ago #223741 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Problem with consecutive conditions
Ok, have released 3.0.3 which fixes the issue. Once upgraded you can enable the value reset feature again.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 2 weeks ago #224237 by artpol
Replied by artpol on topic Problem with consecutive conditions
Hi,
sorry for the late reply! Ok now this seems to work but still something does not work correct from my understanding.
if i select one of the two checkboxes (fullmember/ testmember) the value of the field _notme /_meandothers is from my point of understanding "empty" so the conditions on my tabs (cb_name / cb_onename ... cb_sixname) that is set to "if field _notme or _meandothers is empty hide tab cb_name ... cb_sixname) should keep the tabs in hidden wich should be reflected in the top step by step navigation.
but after selecting one radio option (fullmember/ testmember) shows up the desired field cb_selfmainuser and all tabs that normaly should kept hidden until a number is typed into the mentioned field would define which tabs(steps) to show.

sorry to bother you with that again but i hope you have another idea on that!
the credentials i have sent to you within this thread are still active so it is perhaps a bit more convinient to look on the development itself then on my theroetical description :-)
thanks!
carsten
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

11 years 2 weeks ago #224258 by krileon
Ah, another good find. It's due to tab conditionals not having priority over field conditionals. I was able to find and fix the issue. The fix will be in next release (I've other additions planned so won't be doing a minor bug fix release). However, if installed a fixed build for you and confirmed is working as expected. Please take a look and confirm is also working as expected.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3953

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: artpol

11 years 1 week ago #224516 by artpol
Great now it works like a charm!
Great addtion would be if the status would adapt and show only the amount of steps needed at a time so it would not show 10 if only three are needed - but this seems to be more a feature request :-)

will it be in the next release of conditions?
thanks in advance for your help!
greets
carsten

11 years 1 week ago #224550 by krileon
Steps disable instead of hide, but it's just CSS so you can make them completely hide if you wanted. The below CSS will do exactly that.
#stepbystep > .ui-tabs-nav > .ui-state-disabled {
	display: none;
}

Note if you hide then you may want to rename the steps as it'd be odd going from Step 1 then suddenly to Step 10 for example.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: artpol

11 years 1 week ago - 11 years 1 week ago #224769 by artpol
Hm sorry i have to come again back to this as it seems still to be a bit buggy :-/ even i installed the 3.0.4 that might fix the problem but it did not.

First it worked but now that i tried to rearange the order of tabs i have again the same problem (reset is on). So if i e.g. change in the second pack of radio boxes (_self, _meandothers, _others) it resets the number in the consecutive fields but the tabs do not react acordingly.

try this usecase to understand what i mean - select "vollmitgleidschaft (-> radio group 2 shows up) select "Ich und weitere Familienmitgleider trainieren" ->(according field shows up) st number to 3 or 4 or 5 then descide to change the radio to "Nur andere Familienmitglieder trainieren and you can see that the tabs that normaly have to hide still show up until a new number is put in the new shown field. but as i change the radio button the reset has to fire so that the tabs will hide.

second there is still a problem with the field conditions self that does not work correct in this version (3.0.4)
i added 3 fields to the tab contactinfo called: cb_guertelgradtkd, cb_guertelgradtmj and cb_sizeofcloth. before they where on a other tab but i descided to change the form process.
so these 3 fields have to show up if the user selects radio _onlyme or _meandother but they have to stay hidden if he selects _onlyother.
even i configured all thre the same way with a condition self -> field selfmainuser -> equal to "Nur ich trainiere" -> show and a second condition self -> field selfmainuser -> equal to "Ich und weitere Familienmitglieder trainieren" -> show they behave not correct. only the third condition (logic -> hidden if "Nur andere Familienmitglieder trainieren") works correct.

i also tried to configure it with a condition self -> field selfmainuser -> does not contain "Nur andere Familienmitglieder trainieren" -> show. this seems to meet also my need and it would need only one condition to configure but also this way does not work correct.

Sorry to bother you again with that but i don´t know if it is my fault or again a problem with conditions plugin.

the needs are still the same (see above in that thread) and yes your credentials still work to login :-)
thanks for your help again!
regards
carsten

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.309 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn