GJ: editing invites email message

10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #226500 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GJ: editing invites email message
This is a bug. It shouldn't allow this and was able to confirm. The below is how it should behave as is how an unpublished group behaves.

Created the below bug ticket for further investigation and fixing for next release.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3994

and so it seems that selecting "receive moderator emails: YES" does make a user a moderator.

No, it does not make them a moderator. It simply sets them to receive moderator emails.

are there any other 'parameters' that would make a user a 'moderator' besides being a SuperUser?

Users are made moderators by having a usergroup or parent usergroup of your moderator usergroup as configured in CB > Configuration > Moderation.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 11 months ago #226564 by mothersofboys
Replied by mothersofboys on topic GJ: editing invites email message
I checked my CB Config > Moderation tab parameters and this is what I have:

Moderator Groups SuperUser
Moderator Approve Users Yes
Send Moderators Email Yes
Allow User Reports Yes
Require Upload Image Approval Yes
Allow Moderators to Edit User Profiles SuperAdmins Only
Allow Profile Banning Yes

so why is regular ol' Registered User 'tester' acting/indicating as a Moderator?

Wouldn't my settings above indicate that only SuperUser Admins would be moderators?

Or is the exact opposite in that every level BELOW SuperUser Admin would be considered a moderator?

I just want SuperUser Admins to be moderators and have access to all this approval/profile management stuff.

Thanks
LRG

10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #226652 by krileon

so why is regular ol' Registered User 'tester' acting/indicating as a Moderator?

They aren't. The Unapproved Groups workflow is bugged. Please see my previous reply. It should behave the same as the group being Unpublished with no access to its features, but it's not due to a bug that is fixed for next release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 11 months ago #226675 by mothersofboys
Replied by mothersofboys on topic GJ: editing invites email message
OH Ok. I see now ... OK good to know, it seems my settings are right but the bug is causing it to be a bit wonky. Got it.

Thanks!
LrG

10 years 11 months ago #226680 by krileon
Yup, correct; nothing you've done so no worries. Is be fixed for next release. Hopefully will have a new bug fix release out within a week or two.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn